Snow Leopard and Phocus

Previous topic - Next topic

mark1958

I did not see anything posted on this topic but wondering if Snow Leopard is going to be compatible with Phocus?

stewhem

I collect a new MacPro in about ten days. I expect it will be loaded with SL so when I've put all my stuff on I'll let you know. Till then, I hope the trusty Macbook Pro will hang on in there!

NickT

I wouldn't expect any issues Mark.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Phil G

Hi release in UK is 28th Aug our orders have been in for a week and delivery is scheduled 'Before 28th' so will report if there is a problem.
I hope it will address the inability of Aperture to read the 50Mpix Digital Back .fff files

Phil
Photography is not just an end in its self but a powerful vehicle for Learning

Dustbak

Same here, I get it before the 28th (hopefully). I hope the OS will help PS to use the available hardware resources better...

David Grover

Snow Leopard should be fine on Phocus as far as we understand from Apple.

FlexColor is likely to be more problematic just because of Rosetta support.

When it is released we can be a little more definitive!

Dustbak

Please do! I will refrain from installing 10.6 on my laptop. I still quite often use Flexcolor and would not want to be stuck to Phocus alone.

jose

and you can make a good use of all your memory, is a true 64bits application...

horseoncoboy

Quote from: David Grover on August 27, 2009, 12:25:11 AM

so you say hasselblad does not make use of the apple developer program and has to wait for the final release ?  you are kidding right ?

David Grover

Quote from: horseoncowboy on August 27, 2009, 05:13:19 AM
Quote from: David Grover on August 27, 2009, 12:25:11 AM

so you say hasselblad does not make use of the apple developer program and has to wait for the final release ?  you are kidding right ?

Woah there cowboy.

Apple have not indicated yet how the last released seed of Snow Leopard varies from the final release.

Hence my cautious approach.

meesh

I am having a issue with Phocus on my early 2009 MacPro tower running 10.6. Every 30 minutes or so the screen become garbled, it starts by looking as the last capture is garbled, then spreads to the rest of the os and other windows. only seen this on Phocus so far, running 10.6 on 3 of my machines. After restart everything is fine, and the images process out normally. Anyone else?? Hasselblad, your really not in the apple developer program???

NickT

Hi Meesh
As far as I'm aware Hasselblad is very much involved with the developer program, I know their head of software is a real mac head and always at the WWDC s. Phocus has been solid on my Macpro under snow leopard apart from some odd preview issues (black screen) that I think are related to caching but I need to research further.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

David Grover

Hi Meesh,

Thanks for the input.  Might be worth letting your dealer know so he can elevate it to support.

So far it is very quiet regarding Phocus/SL issues.  So either there are very few cases or few have taken the jump and installed!

Yes, we are very much part of the developer program.  The last 'seed' that was released to developers was not necessarily the same as the final Snow Leopard version.  So while we can be as prepared as we can, if Apple makes changes in the final version before we can test it, then there *could* be issues.

Of course system configurations are multiple and it is not always 100% possible to cover all aspects.

Personally I always wait for the 10.x.1 version if your system is critical to your work.

Best,

David

horseoncoboy

david, does phocus run with the 64 bit kernel ?

David Grover

I assume you mean is Phocus 64-bit aware?