X1DII video when and how?

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralf Mueller

Hi,
recently got my X1DII and i'm quite happy with it and the results it produces. So now I'm wondering when HB is adding video capabilities to it. Not that I urgently need it, still have a Blackmagic for video work but I do like the shallow depth of field that comes with the HB and certainly would love to give it a try.

While most of the video functionality is via firmware i guess I did notice that the X1DII doesn't come with a HDMI port which is kind of strange for any video camera IMO. How would I connect an external monitor and/or recorder, are they envisioning to use the USB-C port for this and some sort of adapter?

Any idea on the supported video formats? H.264 seems a bit limiting for serious video work, H6D cameras are capable of recording raw which then can be converted to Cinema DNG. Wondering what the limiting factor is here for the X1D? Is it the chipset or the fact that it has SD cards (vs. CFast in the H6D).

Lots of unknowns at the moment, looking forward to when HB is coming out with some details.

Regards,
Ralf

vladimirws

Would love these questions answered also! Could be an amazing video camera given the sensor quality if they add raw video

Mr-Anderson

I got this answer in December:

Dear Anders,

Thank you for contacting Hasselblad.

We regret to tell you that the video function can be available in the later firmware, but there is no specific release date for this firmware.

OleBe

Does somebody of you has got any new information on this?

Would be interested as well if it is possible to attach a monitor to the X1D II. :)

pss

video is available, I don't think you can attach an external monitor, overall I would not really use it for a video production, it can create nice looking video maybe for a certain look, but overall functionality is very limited...

dy@twofutures.mu

Hi Ralf any input on my recent post appreciated thanks dean