Question on X1D ll

Previous topic - Next topic

rollsman

Does the Mk2 still have the double click when you press the shutter button?   Has the Electronic shutter gotten any better to be able to use the HC lenses with faster Electronic shutter ?   Thank   Dennis
Dennis mansour

vidio

Not sure exactly what you mean by double click but it seams to sound about the same as the mark I. The shutter button itself might feel a bit gentler. In terms of the electronic shutter it also appears to be the same. I think that is a limitation of the sensor rather than the camera. And since it is the same sensor then nothing more can be done with the electronic shutter.

rollsman

Thank you Video. When you press the shutter you hear 2 sounds on the MK 1  click and click.  Does this happen on the MK 2?
Dennis mansour

SrMi

Quote from: rollsman on December 06, 2019, 04:32:08 AM
Thank you Video. When you press the shutter you hear 2 sounds on the MK 1  click and click.  Does this happen on the MK 2?

Yes, same as on Mk 1.

rollsman

I thought it was updated on the MK 2.   Is this considered the blackout?  I dont want to upgrade to the MK2 if this still happens. To me this means that the person cant move until the 2nd click is done. Correct me if I am wrong?    Thanks   
Dennis mansour

FirstLights

As I understand it the second click is the re-opening of the shutter after sensor readout is complete, so no - you can move the camera already after the first click as the shutter is then close and the sensor being read ..,
FirstLights
Visit me at www.500px.com/firstlights

rollsman

Awesome.  Thank you. I needed to hear that    Dennis
Dennis mansour

FirstLights

You are very welcome, Dennis - it"s explained here:
https://youtu.be/ouyVg4UVI0E
Best, Holger
FirstLights
Visit me at www.500px.com/firstlights

rollsman

Thank you Holger. I was under the impression that the MK2 was a faster shutter and less shutter lag.  Thanks again  Dennis
Dennis mansour

SrMi

Quote from: rollsman on December 06, 2019, 02:29:48 PM
Thank you Holger. I was under the impression that the MK2 was a faster shutter and less shutter lag.  Thanks again  Dennis

MK2 has IMO less shutter lag (I don't have MK1 any longer to compare). What do you mean by "a faster shutter".

rollsman

I meant shutter lag.  Thanks for your info.  Dennis
Dennis mansour