•X1D 50C II  —  Demo camera, good idea?

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimitric

Hello -

As a lot of you (in Europe at least), I'm impatient to receive the camera...
Yesterday, I received two phone calls from my provider.
The 1st one was to tell me that "while waiting for the new camera (and we know that you could still have to wait 1 month), and since you have already sold your "old" X1D
we would like to lend you an "X1D-50c 4116 edition", does that interest you?
"

I said yes...

Later in the afternoon, I receive another phone call from him,
telling me that he received news from Hasselblad and that they will provide it by the end of next week (36) a "DEMO" camera for his store.
My provider asked me if before they open the box, I would like to have it (as my camera). They assure that there is NO difference between this upcoming demo camera and the one I could receive a bit later, they are two identical cameras.
But is the content of the box the same (cable, charger, ...)?

Here then is my question,
What do you think about it?
Is that true? NO difference at all, and I should take this opportunity? 

thank you for you feedback.
Regards,

- Dimitri

snappu

If there is even a slight chance that the DEMO unit is inferior (less accessories, etc) I would wait another week or two.

michael123

Is it the same price for the DEMO piece?
If the DEMO is discounted, and if you can check it.. why not?
The question here is the price

Iceman1331

Who would  guarantee that there is no difference between the "demo" unit vs the regular camera. If I were you, I would wait.

Dimitric

Hello -

Thank you Snappu & Iceman1331.

Michael123, this not (yet) the demo camera.
So, apparently, it's really like a camera that you may/can buy in a store
But when they will receive it, it will be the demo camera of the store (they won't be allow to sale it, at least for a while).
Furthermore, my provider have already made a good discount on the new X1D II.
I can't ask them another discount ;-)

Thank you for any other feedback
Regards

- Dimitri

iSpenc

I would ask specifically about the warranty before making a decision. I have worked for a company that provides demo products to many stores, dealers, and resellers around the world. Units shipped for demo purposes are normally just regular products, but their serial numbers are logged before they are ever distributed as being for demo only. As such, ours carry no warranty and as "sold" (provided to the companies) "As-is." Sometimes these products will be resold to customers later on after that product is no longer used for demonstration, and they still carry no warranty whatsoever. I would guess that your provider hasn't thought this through and you may have extra trouble getting warranty service should you ever need it.