X1D II - Orders, Deliveries, ETA’s and Etc

Previous topic - Next topic

vidio

In the US and received notice it will be delivered tomorrow (Tuesday).

hcubell

Are these deliveries in the US coming from dealers or Hasselblad itself?

vidio

I ordered directly from Hasselblad on the day it was introduced.

strohscw

Come on guys, how can it be that the Americans get the camera earlier than we European,s from a European company.  :)
Good luck with your new tool! I am still waiting for mine. :-\

Greetings

Wolfram

matthewcng

Asia Pacific still has not set a date for availability. :(

Decided to pre-order it from BH, a work around from waiting for the availability in Asia Pacific.

Bob Andersson

Quote from: strohscw on August 27, 2019, 05:01:13 PM
Come on guys, how can it be that the Americans get the camera earlier than we European,s from a European company.  :)
Good luck with your new tool! I am still waiting for mine. :-\

Greetings

Wolfram
According to Hasselblad there is, or was, an RoHS issue. Somehow I doubt that many X1D II bodies will be left at the local recycling depot but that, it appears, has nothing to do with the price of fish.  ;D

I share your frustration.

iSpenc

Any updates today? Did those who got a delivery notice yesterday end up receiving their cameras? Has anyone heard anything about Phocus Mobile 2 releasing? HB originally told me it would launch with the cameras.

Shuttermuse

According to information from my distributor, Hasselblad did ship out the first units to people who bought from the Hasselblad official store website.

vidio

Yes. I did receive mine today via UPS. Had only about 10 minutes with it as I was very busy today and the it arrived rather late in the day.
First impression very positive. Very nice finish, delightful to hold. Both the rear screen and EVF both seem to be improved. Of course I knew about the rear screen but the EVF seems improved as well but not sure how. Another thing I did not know about is that the interface looks different. Different fonts and different layout. I think its mostly all the same functions but they are in different places. Any way I took some shots and everything seems good. Haven't analyzed the resulting files yet but I would assume they are identical to the original XD1. I do have the original and have worked with it for quite some time. The II feels a little bit different in the hand and in operation. A couple of initial hiccups include the fact that I couldn't set it to auto ISO fro some reason. It took me a minute or so to realize the camera ships in the M mode. Haha - my bad but you know I just wanted to turn it on and start shooting and wasn't paying attention. One other thing is that once touch seemed to stop working on the rear screen and I had to shut down and start up. However given my other impulsive mistake I cannot rule out some operator error.

matthewcng

That's awesome to hear!

@Vidio, do you mind posting some unboxing pictures? Thanks in advance.

Vieri

Quote from: vidio on August 28, 2019, 02:52:33 PM
Yes. I did receive mine today via UPS. Had only about 10 minutes with it as I was very busy today and the it arrived rather late in the day.
First impression very positive. Very nice finish, delightful to hold. Both the rear screen and EVF both seem to be improved. Of course I knew about the rear screen but the EVF seems improved as well but not sure how. Another thing I did not know about is that the interface looks different. Different fonts and different layout. I think its mostly all the same functions but they are in different places. Any way I took some shots and everything seems good. Haven't analyzed the resulting files yet but I would assume they are identical to the original XD1. I do have the original and have worked with it for quite some time. The II feels a little bit different in the hand and in operation. A couple of initial hiccups include the fact that I couldn't set it to auto ISO fro some reason. It took me a minute or so to realize the camera ships in the M mode. Haha - my bad but you know I just wanted to turn it on and start shooting and wasn't paying attention. One other thing is that once touch seemed to stop working on the rear screen and I had to shut down and start up. However given my other impulsive mistake I cannot rule out some operator error.

Congrats on the new camera, vidio!

About the EVF, it is completely new in the X1D II, and it feels improved because it actually is :) If you are interested, please see my review, it might save you some time: https://www.vieribottazzini.com/2019/08/a-first-impression-hasselblad-x1d-ii-review.html

Quote from: matthewcng on August 28, 2019, 03:47:56 PM
That's awesome to hear!

@Vidio, do you mind posting some unboxing pictures? Thanks in advance.

Matthew,

Here is mine, if you are interested: https://youtu.be/yqNcye7gx9o

Best regards,

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini
Proud Ambassador for Phase One, H&Y Filters and NYA-EVO bags | ABIPP
Websites: https://linktr.ee/vieribottazzini | Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vieribottazzini/

matthewcng

[/quote]

Matthew,

Here is mine, if you are interested: https://youtu.be/yqNcye7gx9o

Best regards,

Vieri
[/quote]

Hi Vieri,

Thank you. I have viewed it twice already. Given that your's was a demo unit, I am wondering if there is a difference in the packaging.

Shuttermuse

Any shipments from B&H or Adorama yet? Both sites still show pre-order only?

matthewcng

Quote from: Shuttermuse on August 29, 2019, 12:17:24 AM
Any shipments from B&H or Adorama yet? Both sites still show pre-order only?

Just got off the phone from BH, they said the shipment will arrive on 31st, prepare item on Sept 1st and ship out on Sept 2nd. That is the time frame I was given.

Shuttermuse

Thanks Matthew, have you placed an order before or are you only placing it now?