X1D II - Orders, Deliveries, ETA’s and Etc

Previous topic - Next topic

PhotoKratky

In the X1D Group on Facebook someone (Don Trammell) reported taking delivery of his X1DII in Finland from Fimeko.

Don obviously is on his way to London to test the camera. So we could either go to Finland to see if there are any more cameras left. or go to London and convince Don to hand over his...  ;)

JoeC

Quote from: PhotoKratky on August 02, 2019, 09:24:39 PM
In the X1D Group on Facebook someone (Don Trammell) reported taking delivery of his X1DII in Finland from Fimeko.

Don obviously is on his way to London to test the camera. So we could either go to Finland to see if there are any more cameras left. or go to London and convince Don to hand over his...  ;)

While Don denies it, it's a demo camera. There are many of those "in the wild". Even Steve Huff had one (https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2019/07/19/the-hasselblad-x1d2-review-small-medium-format-matures/). Vieri has one now(https://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-and-digital-backs/66600-hasselblad-x1d-ii-deliveries-delays.html#post795083) and is writing an article, comparing it to the original X1D. September will come soon enough for the rest of us.

Joe

Shuttermuse

Quote from: Bob Andersson on August 02, 2019, 08:58:00 PM
My UK dealer has also now informed me that the camera has been delayed until September.

Delays happen and if suitably telegraphed are part of life's rich tapestry but that Hasselblad were still telling my dealer on July 18th that the camera would be available by the end of July is either disrespectful or incompetent.

Be careful what you say here. The lynch mob of wannabes will put you on a stake an burn you.

Hasselblad has every right to lie, and be incompetent, if you don't like it you just buy a Fuji

Joke!

Bob Andersson

They've come back to me with a nice reply although I still don't know exactly what the issue is. Maybe someone has just realised that they've forgotten the camera has a bluetooth chip in it.  ;)

This is a long term investment for me so it makes no sense to throw my toys out of the pram over what I am guessing will be a five or six week delay. And with a surname like mine how could I possibly consider cancelling?  ;D

jcheld

I ordered within 10 minutes of the announcement. THe camera was promised mid July. They then said early August. They now say "I will be getting an email soon". Meanwhile they charged my credit card in July, which I believe is a violation of law, and intend to notify the federal trade commission in the United States.  This is an abhorrent way for any company to treat customers in any venue. The lack of any corporate response is totally reprehensible. They have not right to announce a camera, schedule its release and then not deliver.  I cannot tell whether this is Swedish culture, which I do not expect, or simply the influence of the Chinese owner, who may care less about the customer.

Mr-Anderson

Quote from: jcheld on August 07, 2019, 11:05:42 PM
I ordered within 10 minutes of the announcement. THe camera was promised mid July. They then said early August. They now say "I will be getting an email soon". Meanwhile they charged my credit card in July, which I believe is a violation of law, and intend to notify the federal trade commission in the United States.  This is an abhorrent way for any company to treat customers in any venue. The lack of any corporate response is totally reprehensible. They have not right to announce a camera, schedule its release and then not deliver.  I cannot tell whether this is Swedish culture, which I do not expect, or simply the influence of the Chinese owner, who may care less about the customer.

Just contact Hasselblad and you can get your money back.
Right now they are tweeking the software. No one will have a camera as X1D was from the beginning.
So be patience :)

MGrayson

Have your credit card company challenge the charge and get it removed. And never try to buy a newly released camera.

fsprow

They certainly have the right to delay delivery for whatever reason.  Not the best customer focused approach, however, but far from unusual.

I agree challenging the credit card charge is appropriate assuming you have made a documented effort to get the charge removed by the company.

SrMi

Quote from: MGrayson on August 07, 2019, 11:19:35 PM

Have your credit card company challenge the charge and get it removed. And never try to buy a newly released camera.

I often try to buy a newly released cameras :-). My dealer (in California) does not charge me until he ships the camera to me.

MGrayson

Quote from: SrMi on August 08, 2019, 05:59:06 AM
Quote from: MGrayson on August 07, 2019, 11:19:35 PM

I often try to buy a newly released cameras :-). My dealer (in California) does not charge me until he ships the camera to me.
As do I. I just don't expect white glove treatment when I do. My advice was based on the poster's displeasure not only with the early charge, but all delays and lack of communication. I am not criticizing! These are expensive items, and one has a right to expect, or at least prefer, treatment accordingly. But the key to happiness is setting proper expectations, and with new cameras, that setting is fairly low.

Ikarus

I remember seeing an advertisement in National Geographic for the Hasselblad 500c after the moon landing. I was only 10, and my father had bought me my first camera - a Canonet.  That Hasselblad struck me as the coolest thing. The pinnacle of great design.

I worked my way through a number of Nikons over the years, til I bought a 500cx and three lenses = a 50 FLE, 80 and 150 - when I lived in Hong Kong.  I lugged that kit through Vietnam, Nepal and other parts of South-East Asia. It gave me a lot of pleasure. Then digital came along, and things got confusing.  I sold my Hasselblad kit and bought into Leica, and was very happy.

When the X1D was released, it scratched that old itch. Lunar landings, and a boy with dreams and adventures, fueled by the magic of National Geographic. I ordered one on release. Then the reality of the camera came clear - teething problems, breaking doors etc.  It sounded like the camera just wasn't ready. The SL was a better option.

Then the X1D II was released, and I put my order in, along with two lenses, filters etc.  I was pleasantly surprised when the two lenses appeared (21 & 80), and not surprised or particularly bothered at the camera delays. I'd rather wait for things to be right than get a faulty camera.

But I was more than a little annoyed to have my credit card debited on order. That's never happened to me before. Not a Hasselblad issue - that's down to the store I used. Not sure I'll use them again.

Roll on September. I'm assuming my lenses will sit on the shelf until Christmas. That's life. My Leicas are still working, and they are as good as they ever were.

jcheld

The saga continues.  Hasselblad does not reply to requests about information and why it is that they charged my credit card in full prior to shipping.  I have contacted Hasselblad Americas in the hopes that they understand the legal ramifications of their actions.  All I wanted was honest information and they appear unwilling to simply tell the truth. Sad because the produce is superior. The customer experience, unfortunately is not!

Shuttermuse

I for one, have 2 X1D bodies and ordered the X1DII on the day of the announcement.

Since then, I have had some really strange feedback/requests from my dealer such as the delay is due to the shoulder strap being delayed, and also, I was asked if I could accept a body without WIFI function due to certification issues etc. I also paid for my X1Dii in June. And was told late June early July delivery.

On this forum however, the usual HB fanboy mentality is to downvote your karma and make stupid excuses such as if you don't like HB giving bad service then go buy a Fuji.

So don't expect any sympathy here from the hand full of old age hobbyists landscape photographers who have no idea of the modern world...

hcubell

Quote from: Shuttermuse on August 13, 2019, 02:32:11 AM
I for one, have 2 X1D bodies and ordered the X1DII on the day of the announcement.

Since then, I have had some really strange feedback/requests from my dealer such as the delay is due to the shoulder strap being delayed, and also, I was asked if I could accept a body without WIFI function due to certification issues etc. I also paid for my X1Dii in June. And was told late June early July delivery.

On this forum however, the usual HB fanboy mentality is to downvote your karma and make stupid excuses such as if you don't like HB giving bad service then go buy a Fuji.

So don't expect any sympathy here from the hand full of old age hobbyists landscape photographers who have no idea of the modern world...

You consistently confirm that you are the one who is clueless about how to navigate the modern world. The rest of us know what we want, know what to expect, and act accordingly. You just can't stand that the world doesn't operate the way YOU want it to, and that others know how to set their expectations and live within them. I had a similar world view when I was 12.
I can't speak for others here, but I am no HB fanboy. If I was not so satisfied with the X1D system, I would be out of it so fast your head would spin.
BTW, speaking of the modern world, I am astonished you paid in advance for a camera. I have NEVER done that. And yes, I have an X1D II on order.

NickT

Quote from: Shuttermuse on August 13, 2019, 02:32:11 AM

You are more than welcome to complain about shipping delays and the like.

What you are NOT welcome to do is insult other members of the forum.

Please be polite in future.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano