H4D problems - Help

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff.grant@pobox.com

My H4D 40 has decided to stop working. I have pulled all the bits off and reassembled them to no avail. When I press mirror lock up, I get 'Mirror Problem ID 17.1' followed by 'Remove Battery ID 3'. Any suggestions on how this can be remedied, or is it off to the North for a holiday?

I suspect that this is just the next step that started with: http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php/topic,1570.0.html
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

HLArt

Hi Jeff, only a idea, in menue "settings" (standart) "back to fabriksettings", then remove the accu for a longer time, maybe view minutes, remove also the lens, and remove also the back for this time, clean all the contacts. then put al the parts on your cam, and start new ......?
Hope it helps!??!!
Kr f Herbert

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Thanks, but how do I find the Service menu. i would like to know what resetting to factory settings is going to do though. I suppose that I lose all my profiles? Also, given that this is a warranty job, I don't want to have the argument about playing with undocumented setttings.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

grandguru

If you have saved your own profiles they will be not be lost by reseting to factory standard. It sound like you have a miror failure but at least this should be correctable at a local service level.

jeff.grant@pobox.com

I have been discussing my problem with Colin Johnston today. The camera goes back to him as soon as i get back to Sydney. This little episode has convinced me of the need for a backup body. I will be retrieving my H3DII and hanging on to it instead of selling it.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

davidthescot

Hi

When I had a different problem in the UK Hasselblad sent me a loan body within 24 hours under their extended warranty scheme.  The information on this for the UK is here:

http://www.hasselblad.co.uk/media/2406813/huk_warranty_final.pdf

You should check to see if there is a similar facility available in your own country.  Paying for this plan is much cheaper than the depreciation you will experience on a second body.
:)

David

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Thanks David. The H3D doesn't owe me anything so I'm just forgoing the paltry amount that I will get for it used. My decision is influenced as much by that as anything.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

Kevin Whitcomb

I know this is a super old thread, but I just had the same issue happen yesterday. What was the fix?