CFH-22 on a H2 - warning message

Previous topic - Next topic

maretzo

I have just received a H2 with a CFH-22, supposedly to be working.
2 messages appeared "incompatible battery type" and "digital back not powered"  :'(. I can guess that the digital back not powered is a consequence of the incompatible battery type. I can shoot without the back, meaning it may work with a film back.
Any possibility of "reprogramming" the battery without sending the whole stuff to Victor? ::)

Thanks for sharing your experience, Serge

NickT

What sort of battery is it? There are three types, one that holds CR123s, a 9.6V rechargeable, and the latest (and by far the best) 7.2V rechargeable. I suspect you have a tired 9.6V as I just tried an old 9.6V on my H3D and it threw up the error message you are getting. Sounds like you'll have to invest in a 7.2V battery and charger.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

maretzo

Hello Nick,

The rechargeable battery is a 7.2 V, hence quite recent. It was suggested in another forum that I try to discharge the battery (less than 10%) to reinit it again.

NickT

Interesting! I think that error message gets thrown up when the battery is very low, I had never seen it before.. You could try resetting the battery. Fully charge it (overnight) then on the camera press and hold the menu and flash buttons BEFORE pushing the battery up on to the contacts (it's a little awkward to do). You should then here a rapid series of beeps if successful which tells you the battery has been reset. Put the reset battery back on charge overnight and see if that helps.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

maretzo

I tried, but no beeps, and no reset. I guess I will have to change the battery. It works whenever connected to my Mac, even without Flexcolor...

r.frank

Hi maretzo

i have the same problem with the same battery. I use the battery in combination with a H3DII 39. On Hasselblad i get the information that they have to reprogramming the battery. Does somone know if its possible to reprogramm the battery byself??

Thank you

Cheers
Raffael