2018 Photokina Update

Previous topic - Next topic

Iceman1331

I am wondering if anyone attended this yr's Photokina exhibition and saw any new hasselblad items such as the x2d as has been rumored quite awhile?

satijntje

mar-ko

When I talked to Per (I forgot his last name, but he is a lens designer with Hasselblad in Göteborg), he said, they were working on a X1D sucessor, but are are not finished yet - and they don't want to repeat the mistake of releasing a model "before it's ready" again. No definitive news on specs, of course...

hcubell

They will announce it no sooner than they need to. They will announce it no later than they need to. When is that? When Fuji is ready to release the GFX 100S.

michael123

Quote from: mar-ko on October 06, 2018, 10:34:08 AM
When I talked to Per (I forgot his last name, but he is a lens designer with Hasselblad in Göteborg), he said, they were working on a X1D sucessor, but are are not finished yet - and they don't want to repeat the mistake of releasing a model "before it's ready" again. No definitive news on specs, of course...

By any chamce, did he mention the forgotten zoom 35-75 ?

vsbhk

Quote from: hcubell on October 06, 2018, 12:13:40 PM
They will announce it no sooner than they need to. They will announce it no later than they need to. When is that? When Fuji is ready to release the GFX 100S.

Fuji got the timing definetely right.

Alex

Quote from: vsbhk on October 06, 2018, 06:22:46 PM
Quote from: hcubell on October 06, 2018, 12:13:40 PM

Fuji got the timing definetely right.

And I'm thinking Phase 1 profitteed on that by timing C1 support for Fuji to weight the bias of the GFX vs X#D purchase choice (compared to the original Silkypix vs Phocus choice) which currently as the main income source for Hassie, would stunt the development budget resources of their (FF MF) competitive products..

With Fuji expected to also have pixel shift / multishot tech in the 100, and the 2nd iteration of the X#D as yet to be unveiled, it's an exciting time in the continued development of the 4433 format. Hassie will have done the right thing if they delay so as to release a fully functional next model - the 35mm users they are trying to attract don't have the same patience as the traditional MF market of doing their R&D beta testing after purchasing.