X1D front and rear dials not Working properly

Previous topic - Next topic

rollsman

What could possibly cause this to happen??   Thank you
Dennis mansour

strohscw

Could be a firmware issue.
Take out the battery, switch on, put in the battery and retry.
Hope this helps.

mar-ko

I don't know, what exactly is "not working properly", but erratic behaiour of the scroll wheels is a known problem. It can be fixed by Hasselblad in Sweden (they will exchange the wheels), and for some people, this procedure worked as well:

1.  Turn the camera on
2.  Press the Menu button
3.  Tap on the cog wheel
4.  Scroll to About
5.  Tap on the "firmware version" several times, until the message appears: "Additional functions now available in the service menu"
6.  Press Menu button
7.  Tap the cog wheel
8.  Scroll to Service
9.  Scroll down and tap on Scroll Wheel Handling
10. Change the setting from Original to Adjusted.

Good luck.

rollsman

Hi Marko, thank you But did not work.  I am calling Customer service on Monday to see what else I can do to make it work. If nothing I have to send it in. I will Insist on NOT paying for it as it was a FLAW from the very beginning. Any suggestions so I dont have to pay for it??   
   Thanks Dennis
Dennis mansour

fotophil

rollsman

I will. I use the Sugar Method. I will be Diplomatic for sure.  Thanks
Dennis mansour

BillW

Hoping you have a good outcome. My X1D made three trips to Hasselblad one of them to Sweden. The first two trips were for the dreaded cracked hinge. My third issue was a intermittent issue with the shutter button. It would not lock to focus and trip the shutter when it was not in focus. Whatever the issue was, it was fixed and I have not had any issues since that time. Hasselblad US made me try all of the fixes including the one mentioned above but it was a hardware issue. At first I was pretty bummed out and tried to get B&H to take the camera back but I was outside the return period. I must say I am glad that I was forced to keep it as it takes some of the most spectacular images and I have several printed at 30x40" on metal. I have now six lens and the X1D II.
Thanks
Bill