Profoto A1

Previous topic - Next topic

nunnzzzz

I have the Profoto A1 flash (for Nikon) and the new X1d ii.

What are the best settings for TTL?? I like to select my aperature but when I do the camera selects to slow of a shutter speed causing blur.   Is manual the best setting?

vidio

I find that manual setting on the X1D works best. You can adjust shutter speed and aperture to determine how much ambient light gets mixed in. But if you need something quick putting the X1D into P mode seems to force the shutter speed to 60.

Sanford

I've regularly seen discussions regarding the use of the ProFoto A1 mounted on the X1D and X1DII.

I have had success using the ProFoto Nikon TTL Air mounted on the X1D to trigger a pair of ProFoto B2 stobes in both manual and TTL modes.

I've asked both Hasselblad and ProFoto with little success. Maybe I missed the direct answer on this forum so please excuse me I will ask it again.

Can the ProFoto A1 be used in manual and TTL modes mounted on the X1D/X1DII?

How about the ProFoto A1X?

Thank you all.

mar-ko

Sandy,
I can only report on the A1 (but I think A1X is the same, as they share the same firmwares):
A1 works mounted directly on the X1D only up to A1-firmware "b9" in TTL mode. Manual flash always works.
A1 works mounted directly on the X1D II with all A1-firmwares (at least with the newer ones) in TTL and manual.

I can not comment about using the A1 as trigger for other Profoto flashes.