FINAL POLL: What Six Improvements Do You Wish for in the X1D?

Previous topic - Next topic

sog1927

Quote from: Eric Borgström on July 17, 2018, 11:56:53 PM
Quote from: hcubell on July 17, 2018, 03:08:57 AM
...One "improvement" that wasn't even listed was an articulating LCD screen. To me, that's a really desirable feature that I would like to see in an X2D. Of course, what anyone wants in an X2D is probably irrelevant now. The specs of the X2D are probably cast in stone at this point as an announcement of the X2D is expected within the next few months.
Surprised not more of us has asked for this feature comon on most/many modern highgrade cameras. And we can still hope...
/Eric

It would certainly be handy to have some sort of "waist level finder" functionality in the camera (particularly for macro in my case). I'm concerned about how much it would add to the bulk of the camera, though. I'd really hate to mess with the svelte form factor.

catostreet

Does anyone know of an X1D compatible right angle viewfinder, or a right angle loupe, to overcome the problem of the LCD not articulating (a problem when trying to focus when using a tripod close to ground level)?

sog1927

I would note that it took Leica 7 years to figure out that a right-angle finder attachment would be useful on the Leica S.

Those of us who are used to dealing with the reversed image on a Hasselblad V waist level finder would probably be happy with a simple mirror that attached to the rear LCD screen. It could even be designed to fold flat - although this approach would make it very hard to use the touch screen. ;)

sog1927

Well, I'm thinking that you could probably adapt something like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hasselblad-Reflex-Viewfinder-RMFX-From-Japan-1258/192600304212?hash=item2cd7df6a54%3Ag%3AjiYAAOSwkxtbTK6v&_nkw=reflex+mirror&_from=R40&rt=nc

with some Velcro(tm). There are equivalent reflex attachments for a lot of old medium format view and technical cameras that might be easier (or harder) to adapt. I've seen some that fold flat, which might be an advantage. The RMFx is 6x6, which makes it probably the closest to the LCD size that you're going to find.

It would still prevent you from working the touch panel, which would make the camera difficult to use I think.

Augu

Auto focus bracketing / stacking, please. With such a nice macro in the system, that should be obvious.