H3Dii Phocus Tethering Issue

Previous topic - Next topic

Djcoreyphoto

Hi there -

I'm getting an issue trying to tether into Phocus for the first time since picking up this Hassy about 7 months ago - I have an H3Dii body with an H3D-22 db, and a 100mm 2.2. All firmware is up to date. I use the Hasselblad Firewire 800 cable for H3D, and attach the Thunderbolt adapter into my MacBook Pro.

When trying to tether, it will read momentarily that the camera is controlled by Phocus, then I get a Firewire error with the command to restart the camera.

The camera works fine un-tethered with a CF card entered. Just trying to figure out which variable may be causing the issue. I'm sure this is not much information, but I'm wondering if there is a connectivity issue between the Firewire cable and the DB - sometimes it takes some wiggling to get the cable into the DB, and I'm worried that something isn't connecting all the way.

Thinking of just picking up another cable and seeing if it works. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

NickT

Have you got any firewire hard drives you can test with that cable?
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Djcoreyphoto

I don't. I purchased another Hasselblad FireWire 800 cable to see if that was the issue - doesn't appear to be. It won't even connect to Phocus now when I plug either the old or the new cable in.

jerome_m

What does "system report" say about firewire (click on the apple on the top left on your screen, "about this mac", "system report")?