50MP X1D versus 100MP H6D

Previous topic - Next topic

fsprow

Just back from a long trip to Africa and thought I would have some fun comparing the X1D with the H6D100c.  Used the same lens - the 100/2.2 on each (adapter on X1D).  Photos of still scenes.  Tripod and no tripod.

- On tripod (heavy Gitzo) at a shutter speed of 1/125th, the 100c was the winner by a very small margin in terms of perceived resolution of fine detail.
- With no tripod (hand held) the 100c was a big winner at shutter speeds of 1/125th or less, 1/250th or higher little difference.

Obviously the heavy weight of the H6D pays off in this non- scientific comparison at slower speeds, but I would conclude that for many general uses, hand held, the extra MP pays off more in subtle color detail and apparent depth than in resolution.

This was done for fun, but thought I'd pass it along while I have a single malt.

fsprow

I should mention that the hand held photos were taken prior to the single malt.

boinger

Are there photos in this thread? I don't see any?

fsprow

Sorry, the differences are small enough to defy providing good info on posting from JPEGs.
Frank

fsprow

But I am in the air now, headed for Asia, and will check the files again when I can and post if there is anything useful there.
Frank