Undo Defringe in Phocus

Previous topic - Next topic

iklo

I am observing a weird artifact after applying the Defringe tool to some images: large discolored rectangular patches appear throughout, but only visible at 100%. Worse: I discovered that there is no easy way to discard editing steps and revert to the original RAW file within Phocus. There is the Undo under Edit, but it doesn't list defringe steps, nor the Adjustment Browser apparently. I am not even sure what is it for - can anyone advise please? 

fh29

Please post some screenshots, hard to diagnose without knowing what you're seeing. It may be a simple graphic card acceleration glitch which only affects the preview, or something more complex.

fh29

It took me a couple of attempts but I managed to make those artefacts appear by clicking randomly with the pick range tool. Looks like a bug indeed.

You can easily reset the tool if you select "Default" in the defringe tool scroll-down menu though.

fh29

Weird, those exist in the MacOS version

Happy new year tough  :D

Nigel Roberson

Defringe is something ive not used much but had a look at the problem.
BTW ime using Windows version.
You can always just uncheck the box and defringe isnt active or
Create a preset with all values at zero and just call it Zero
Then to switch between your defringed image variant and the non defringed image use the Zero preset.

PS. Defringe is also available as an adjustment layer.

JCM-Photos

You can easily recover an older file version in the history.

Defringe is a heavily parametered tool what make its great efficiency. You have to carefully choose you color sample, correction intensity, refit them, even apply it locally in a layer.
After some training it works great.
Sharpen your eyes not your files