● Moving the spot metering light area -> Possible?

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimitric

Hello -

Context:
I'm totally new in the Hasselblad world (coming from Leica).
I exclusively shoot in "Aperture" mode / "spot" metering light / Manual focus / tripod.

And I was wondering if there was a way/option to move the "spot metering light area", in the same way we are able to move the "focus area indicator"?
It could be interesting to do it WITHOUT having to:

• move the camera itself,
  • "find" the light you want,
  • press the AE-L button,
  • move again the camera
  • set the focus, ...

I'm asking that because on the Leica SL,it is something that is possible (by this I mean that I don't have to move the camera, I only move the light spot).

Thank you,

- Dimitri

Buddy

Michael H. Cothran

Unfortunately, no. Some DSLR's have had this ability for years, so it's definitely not new technology. I remember over 10 years ago meeting a Canon DLSR shooter in the field. He was showing me how he could move his spot meter around the LCD screen on the back by using his arrow buttons. He was big into HDR at the time, and was showing me how he could individually meter a highlight area for one exposure, then, without moving the camera, simply move the spot meter to a dark area for his second exposure. Wow! Was I impressed. It would be totally awesome if Hasselblad included it in a future firmware update.

Just think of the potential to be able to selectively spot meter and selectively focus, all from the back screen! There could even be an optional mode in the menu where the spot meter could follow the focus point, if so desired.

Dimitric

Hello Buddy -
Hello Michael H. Cothran -

Thank you for your reply.
And indeed, It would be totally awesome if Hasselblad included this "option".

Enjoy your day.

- Dimitri