Are the 120's fixed?

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael H. Cothran

Curious if anyone who has purchased a 120 lens just recently feels that the inherent "problems" have been fixed? I'd still like to consider buying one, but first want to be damn sure that the AF problems, as well as any other issues, are gone. Thanks.

BillW

There was a lens firmware update a couple of weeks ago and I believe ti was for the 120. I am also interested in this lens and would be curious what others have experienced.
Thanks
Bill

JST

The only issue I have been having is the 120 does a bit of focus hunting and on occasion will not find focus. Don't know if this is a lens problem or a camera problem.

JST

Quote from: JST on April 05, 2018, 09:34:44 AM
The only issue I have been having is the 120 does a bit of focus hunting and on occasion will not find focus. Don't know if this is a lens problem or a camera problem.

I should add that when in focus, the images are remarkably sharp.

BradP

If someone from H could give us a clear answer on whether the last lens firmware update fixed the autofocus issues a number of us here would appreciate it.  I also love the lens, I'm just avoiding autofocus like a number of us are until the all clear sounds.  Thanks

siddhaarta

I sent my defect copy back for a refund.

Originally, I planned to wait some time, until H fixes the problem and then rebuy the lens.

Not very impressed by the lack of communication, or better ambiguous communication though.

In the meantime, I adapted the Leica R Apo-Macro-Elmarit 100mm to my X1D and, with the Novoflex-Adapter, it works like a charm (it covers the sensor without problem).

In the short time with the XCD 120, I realized that focus-by-wire sucks for focus stacking in macro work, which is essential for my kind of usage. With the fully manual focus of the Leica, this works wonderful, precise and quick.

A firmware update which would enable focus stacking automation for the XCD 120 could solve this problem (see P1, Nikon, etc.). I asked Ming about that and at least he said that it is possible. 

So, if H comes out with such a firmware update, I may reconsider, but I am in no hurry at all, as the Leica is such a wonderful lens and much more compact than the XCD. 

rent

Alex Jiang

Instagram

siddhaarta

Quote from: rent on April 06, 2018, 06:08:47 AM
For your reference, please see reply #13 by Wade Smith in this thread: http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php?topic=5399.msg24421#msg24421

Anybody knows which function does Wade Smith has at Hasselblad? I asked him directly but he didn't respond. Thanks.

BradP

Quote from: rent on April 06, 2018, 06:08:47 AM
For your reference, please see reply #13 by Wade Smith in this thread: http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php?topic=5399.msg24421#msg24421

Thanks Rent, though it's not perfectly clear who Wade is, I'll take that as good enough seeing that this is a moderated board and I didn't have problems before as some did.