Major firmware update

Previous topic - Next topic

bernardl

Quote from: Dustbak on August 26, 2018, 10:20:47 PM
Gorgeous image Bernard!

Thanks! :)

Those are 400+ megapixels panoramic stitches.

Cheers,
Bernard

DJPixelMan

So, can one confidently assume that there will be no further firmware updates to the H6 cameras? It's been a while and not a sound.

TimH

DJPixelMan

Well, not even a sniff of new firmware for the H6 on the much trumpeted and awaited "Announcement" today. Guess that that is it for us then.

bernardl

Quote from: DJPixelMan on June 20, 2019, 12:57:24 AM
Well, not even a sniff of new firmware for the H6 on the much trumpeted and awaited "Announcement" today. Guess that that is it for us then.

Exactly...

I just got a mail from Phaseone advertising a very appealing switch campaign for Hasselblad users.

It does feel that we are getting more attention from P1 than from Hasselblad...

Cheers,
Bernard

Alex

Hmm, would be interesting to know more - what are they offering?

Alex

bernardl

Quote from: Alex on June 22, 2019, 12:24:23 PM

Please contact your dealer. ;)

Cheers,
Bernard

Alex

Quote from: bernardl on June 26, 2019, 02:38:34 PM
Quote from: Alex on June 22, 2019, 12:24:23 PM

Please contact your dealer. ;)

Cheers,
Bernard

Lol - I thought you were going to say that they'd offer to do the major firmware update on the behalf of H ;D ;)

As for going over to P1 now would also require new optics & body as well as back (except if you're on an independent technical system) - it might be worth waiting to see what the "out of stock" & -$ discounting pattern has in store to offer; knowing H though it'll probably be a new body rather than new firmware (which seem to die away after the first initial bug fixes). I guess if one wants to stay with H, keep the H6D for an eventual trade in/up, or if one wants the flexibility sell it before the new one comes out.

Personally I'm not doing any purchasing of >/=100MP sensors until I see a substantial improvement in the control (acuity of focusing) & quality (Chromatic aberrations & purple fringing*) of H's H range optics (which would probably mean new lenses, lens mounts and so maybe not too dissimilar pattern as changing everything over to P1 as just mentioned - H, I hope you're taking note (it ain't just about the leather surface texture ;)))

*excluding the type II and 3x HCD lenses

hgtate

I only have 2 of the HCD lenses and both suffer from Chromatic aberrations & purple fringing. The zoom is also not as sharp as it should be.

hgtate

Having said that the Chromatic aberrations & purple fringing can easily be automatically removed when imported to Lightroom.

Alex

Yep LCP profiles seem to do a better job with CA's (and one has the facility to tweak them)

Quote from: hgtate on June 27, 2019, 06:57:16 PM
The zoom is also not as sharp as it should be.

I agree my 35-90mm zoom's sharp in the middle but takes f16 to get the corners up to a decent level (at which point diffraction starts kicking in).

SrMi

Quote from: Alex on June 27, 2019, 07:08:57 PM
Yep LCP profiles seem to do a better job with CA's (and one has the facility to tweak them)

Quote from: hgtate on June 27, 2019, 06:57:16 PM
The zoom is also not as sharp as it should be.

I agree my 35-90mm zoom's sharp in the middle but takes f16 to get the corners up to a decent level (at which point diffraction starts kicking in).

On what camera? 35-90mm is an HCD lenses that requires cropping of corners when used with H6D-100c.

hgtate

On any camera. I had h4d-40 and the 35-90 is not as sharp as it should be anywhere in the frame. I now have H6d-100c and am fully aware of the limitation at the outer edges. However, as I said it is not sharp enough anywhere in the frame.

cerett

I called technical support over a year ago and told them that since updating my H6D-100c to the new firmware (1.21), I was no longer able to use bracketing in a continuous mode. In other words, fire off three or more exposures by just keeping the shutter depressed. They verified this glitch, reported it to the home office, and said that it would require a future update. That was well over a year ago and nothing has been done about it. I think they are too heavily invested in the X1D to really care about us. If someone has a simple fix for this problem, I would love to know about it.

DJPixelMan

Can't you roll-back to the previous update..version 1.20..?