Phocus wish list

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Roadnight

Quote from: David Grover on September 30, 2010, 07:58:49 PM
Quote from: Dick Roadnight on September 22, 2010, 09:49:45 AM
Remote control of zoom from Phocus.
The zoom isn't powered Dick, so this is not possible.
It is a pain, but it should be possible with a remotely controlled stepper motor, hopefully controlled from the same IPad that controls everything else.
Quote from: David Grover on September 30, 2010, 07:58:49 PM
Quote from: Dick Roadnight on September 22, 2010, 09:49:45 AM
Auto focus bracketing from Phocus and in camera... this would eliminate a good reason to get HTS or a view camera!
One of the Japanese giants holds a patent on focus bracketing in-camera so it can't be done.
¿Might there be two ways round this?
Come to an agreement to use the patent.
Do it in phocus rather than in the camera

Is there a Phocus Software Development Kit?
H4D-60, 50-100mm, 300mm, CF, Flexbody, P3

alexkent

Dick,

If you're suggesting an external motor to move the lens zoom position (a la early autofocus adapters for manual lenses in the late 70's) ? That becomes a one off custom job, why spend time trying to support it in Phocus ? If you really want it, build one from parts, control it with an Arduino board and remote control it from Processing on a laptop.

Right now you can achieve focus bracketing by remote control from Phocus at the moment, but as Grandguru suggests it has to be done by manually hitting the focus adjust controls between shots.

There isn't a Phocus SDK at the moment.
Going forward, it would be interesting if Phocus were to become scriptable (Applescript or similar).
This could allow a whole lot of interesting automated shooting; timelapse, bracketing, etc. without the Phocus dev's having to imagine every possible thing we might want to do.

alex.

David Grover

alexkent

silvesterkok

Where can the SDK be found ?

David Grover

Send me a PM and I can give you access info.

Dick Roadnight

Quote from: alexkent on October 01, 2010, 12:47:29 AM
Dick,

If you're suggesting an external motor to move the lens zoom position (a la early autofocus adapters for manual lenses in the late 70's) ? That becomes a one off custom job, why spend time trying to support it in Phocus ? If you really want it, build one from parts, control it with an Arduino board and remote control it from Processing on a laptop.
Yes, I realize it would be a custom job, unless one of the photo-antenna mfrs have something. It would be nice to have it supported in Phocus, but I was just thinking I might be able to control it from the same IPad. ¿who are Arduino and what do they do? I am a qualified electronic engineer, which might help.
Right now you can achieve focus bracketing by remote control from Phocus at the moment, but as Grandguru suggests it has to be done by manually hitting the focus adjust controls between shots.
alex.
Yes, but that is a pain... what I would like is a system that (like StackShot) allows you to specify start and stop extensions, and the number of incremental focusing points and consistently do a professional job to any COC yardstick you want. ¿Could a Phocus SDK do that... it would need to know the focus distance, or the extension... or it could just work on focus motor run time.

I am thinking of using something like StackShot ¿Velmex? on the rear standard of a Sinar for landscapes (with a Hasselblad digiback).

BLASR

Quote from: David Grover on October 01, 2010, 03:19:34 AM
Send me a PM and I can give you access info.

Why is a secret David?
BlasR

David Grover

No secret - but there is a few things we need to discuss before releasing the info!

Derek Jecxz

Quote from: David Grover on October 01, 2010, 11:07:17 PM
No secret - but there is a few things we need to discuss before releasing the info!

Yeesh! There are no secrets. It is a good thing that Hassy offers it but unless you are a programmer, you do not need the SDK. You will have to sign documents to get the SDK.

I should not have said anything, sorry.

;d

Dick Roadnight

Quote from: Derek Jecxz on October 02, 2010, 12:12:06 AM
Quote from: David Grover on October 01, 2010, 11:07:17 PM

Yeesh! There are no secrets. It is a good thing that Hassy offers it but unless you are a programmer, you do not need the SDK. You will have to sign documents to get the SDK.

I should not have said anything, sorry.

;d
I am a "has been" real-time programmer, what programming language is it in?

David, could you bring the documents to London with you?

David Grover

Dick,

I'll email you the readme file. Other than that I can offer no more support. The purpose of the SDK is mostly for aerial companies for geosurvey. It's also been used in automated document reproduction.

As the SDK is not of interest to most members, I suggest other discussions should be taken of list.

David.

Monty Rakusen

Could we please have colour temperature that goes below 2000. I'm often shooting in sodium vapour, which is not in itself a problem but there seems to be some new lighting that needs more than 2000 correction.

Thanks

Monty

KeithL

Please could we have a tool, lassoo, magic wand, whatever, so that we can make selective adjustments.

Thank you.

Dick Roadnight

I asked David Grover and Chris Russel-Fish today,,, but can we have direct control of Sinar eShutters from Phocus? (As is already possible with Schneider Electronic Shutters).