H lenses and X1D NO AF

Previous topic - Next topic

msadat

t seems that the promise of AF with X1d is partially false and a lie. only if u have bought a newer lens u can use the AF, all of us who has had A H system for a while will not be able to use AF with X1D, what a utter disappointment and lie! i was sold on having AF access to my H lenses but now none of them work

Buddy

sorry to hear your disappointment. AF will come to other H lenses sooner or later as weil. luckily I have a new 100mm which AF works just fine on the X1D.

Michael H. Cothran

I feel your pain, but Hasselblad has stated for quite a while now the the AF would only work on the newer lenses.

satijntje

Quote from: msadat on December 20, 2017, 09:41:34 AM
t seems that the promise of AF with X1d is partially false and a lie. only if u have bought a newer lens u can use the AF, all of us who has had A H system for a while will not be able to use AF with X1D, what a utter disappointment and lie! i was sold on having AF access to my H lenses but now none of them work

Although I do not remember anymore in which forum it was posted, I knew before I bought the X1D body (April 2017) that the AF option would be coming but that this would be limited to the Version II HC lenses in first instance.
So Hasselblad has not been lying.

Just to put it right
John

Buddy

tried to update the lens fw with my 150mm, but did't work.
And it is not clear if this is only going with the new lenses, i.e. those with 1/2000 sec shutter speed. Can someone try the update with a newer lens from the list (those just before the latest version orange dot) ?
thanks

satijntje

From the release note:
The 19.0.2 release adds AF support for a range of HC/HCD Lenses when
using the XH Lens Adapter with the X1D Camera. Please note that the HC/HCD Lens
must have  rmware 18.0.0 or later.
Lenses with older firmware versions cannot be updated.

TimH

This was fully discussed elsewhere in this forum some time ago, including how to determine if your lens is upgradable.  As for the newer lenses, it is my understanding that firmware will be coming for the 150, 24, and other lenses not included in the latest firmware upgrade.