Firmware Upgrade Grief

Previous topic - Next topic

gadelrosario

Today I began to update my H6D 100c to firmware v. 1.19.  Near full completion of the update, I got a 1210 error and the camera restarted on its own.  After removing the battery and restarting the camera, I found that the digital back was blank.  I called tech support in New Jersey and they walked me thru trying to complete the update.  After about 10 minutes of "updating" and no progress bar, the camera shut down once again.  When I powered it back on, the digital back came back to life but it wasn't reading the storage cards.  The LCD display on top said "camera communication error".  The digital back then gave me a 1000 error.  I called back Hasselblad Bron tech support and was instructed to ship the camera to New Jersey for diagnostics.  I'm buying full coverage insurance for it.

To my consternation, I found out that when Hasselblad returns the camera to me via UPS ground, it only insures the camera for a minimal amount and that any extra insurance needs to be purchased by me.  Really???? Exactly what type of Hassy can I buy for $1000 if UPS loses or damages my camera?

Has anybody else had this type of sorry experience?

tcdeveau

I just filled out a Hasselblad service survey that I was sent and complained about shipping.  In the UK, it is my understanding that Hasselblad sends a courier to pick up the equipment, yet in the US the customer is responsible for paying for shipping and insurance (even for warrantied repairs).  It seems given the cost and value of the equipment, Hasselblad could help out its customers a little more in the US with getting equipment to/from service centers. 

Jordan

I was just in this same situation not too long ago and one of my biggest gripes was also their shipping policy amongst a few other other things. I hope they starting listening to their customers.