Strange thing with my 6 week old XCD 45mm

Previous topic - Next topic

salvaz

On Sunday I noticed that my XCD 45mm would no longer go higher than a shutter speed of 800.  If i opened the aperture, the shutter markers would become 2 lines and the exposure compensation dial would start to move to the right.  I put in shutter priority and tried to change it on the screen and again it would max out at 800 and it would not even show a higher shutter speed.  I do a lot of early morning shooting so have not noticed until I began shooting in the afternoon.  I did check my Lightroom and I do have some previous images with higher shutter speeds that 800.

Spoke with Anthony at Hasselblad and could not work out a fix.  Also went to Samy's and tried a different X1D and lens and everything else worked like it should.  My XCD 90mm works perfectly.

Has anyone else seen this issue?
A little disappointment since I am a new user of the X1D and the 45mm and 90mm and I already have a problem. If I send this in with it be a long repair wait with the holidays near.

But the staff have been great with my conversations with Eric Peterson in sales and Anthony in tech support.

elwood

I'm so sorry to hear that :'(

I had a different issue with my nearly 2 weeks old 45mm. It was due to a firmware update.
Since then I'm still waiting for my lens to get repaired or replaced. It's been 2+months now. I guess they're really busy back in Sweden ;D
Good luck with yours ;)

hcubell

Quote from: salvaz on November 08, 2017, 04:10:50 PM
On Sunday I noticed that my XCD 45mm would no longer go higher than a shutter speed of 800.  If i opened the aperture, the shutter markers would become 2 lines and the exposure compensation dial would start to move to the right.  I put in shutter priority and tried to change it on the screen and again it would max out at 800 and it would not even show a higher shutter speed.  I do a lot of early morning shooting so have not noticed until I began shooting in the afternoon.  I did check my Lightroom and I do have some previous images with higher shutter speeds that 800.

Spoke with Anthony at Hasselblad and could not work out a fix.  Also went to Samy's and tried a different X1D and lens and everything else worked like it should.  My XCD 90mm works perfectly.

Has anyone else seen this issue?
A little disappointment since I am a new user of the X1D and the 45mm and 90mm and I already have a problem. If I send this in with it be a long repair wait with the holidays near.

But the staff have been great with my conversations with Eric Peterson in sales and Anthony in tech support.

When did you buy the body and the 45mm? If you are within the 30 day return period, I would just return it and get a new body and/or lens.

Nick Jafferson

If you have changed the exposure adjust on control screen, there will be some restriction of shutter speed. Maybe you can press half down the shutter button, the two lines will disappear and then into shutter speed. At this time, the shutter speed can be changed by rear scroll for higher than 1/800s.

Hope this can help.