X1d and Leica M lenses

Previous topic - Next topic

satijntje

Attach the adapter on the M lens and then put it on the X1D Body.
Same procedure when removing it.
Remove adapter WITH lens from the body and then separate the adapter from the M lens.
I had absolutely no problems  with this
Good luck
John

asfeir

Quote from: Dimitric on November 15, 2017, 08:19:02 PM
Hello Asfeir -

Would you mind to upload a couple of exemples?
Even at small size.

I'm interested by the wide angle of Leica® (eg. Summilux 21).

Thank you,

- Dimitri

Quote from: asfeir on November 14, 2017, 02:41:46 AM
Quote from: joelypolly on November 13, 2017, 12:51:11 PM
Anyone tried any of the Leica wide-angle lenses?

Sorry, just noticed this posting. I will be returning home on Monday and will start thorough tests of all my M lenses. Posting samples here will not give a clear idea of the quality, maybe I will put some representative samples on dropbox and will let you know.

Imagecrazy

Quote from: satijntje on November 17, 2017, 08:05:23 AM
Attach the adapter on the M lens and then put it on the X1D Body.
Same procedure when removing it.
Remove adapter WITH lens from the body and then separate the adapter from the M lens.
I had absolutely no problems  with this
Good luck
John
Thanks!  That worked like a charm. 

asfeir

Quote from: Dimitric on November 15, 2017, 08:19:02 PM
Hello Asfeir -

Would you mind to upload a couple of exemples?
Even at small size.

I'm interested by the wide angle of Leica® (eg. Summilux 21).

Thank you,

- Dimitri

I will be testing the 21 mm today as soon as I get the opportunity for a nice pict. In the mean time attached a pict with the VC 15mm 3rd generation, cropped 90% so effectively focal length is 13.5 mm. Some vignetting, but this lens (at least the sample I have) is tack sharp. Picture processed with Capture One.

asfeir

Here is another shot with Elmarit 28 mm. Picture not cropped, and one can see the level of vignetting particularly on the lower left size where all details turn gray.

Another very important thing I noticed shooting with an M adapter using ES: power consumption is very much less than with XC lenses. This implies that shutter and diaphragm draw major amount of power from the battery.

satijntje

Quote from: asfeir on November 26, 2017, 06:06:14 AM

Another very important thing I noticed shooting with an M adapter using ES: power consumption is very much less than with XC lenses. This implies that shutter and diaphragm draw major amount of power from the battery.

I can confirm this!
Much lower power consumption when I use my M lens on the X1D.
I cannot quantify it now but it feels like it is less then half the consumption camped to the use with a XCD AF lens with normal mechanical shutter.

Enjoy your M lenses on this great body!

John

hgtate

These images just show how lens design and performance has improved since these lenses were manufactured.

Dimitric

Hello Asfeir -

Thank you for sharing your pictures and your finding (regarding the battery "life).
Good evening.

- Dimitri

asfeir

Quote from: Dimitric on November 27, 2017, 05:33:03 AM
Hello Asfeir -

Thank you for sharing your pictures and your finding (regarding the battery "life).
Good evening.

- Dimitri

Hello Dimitri

I know you were interested in the performance of the Summilux 21 using the M adapter on X1D. Attached two pictures taken this afternoon. No cropping, hand-held. Cropping out the vignetting, I expect it will have a focal distance of 18 mm on the x1d.

Dimitric

Hello -

Thank you again Asfeir...   ;)
Enjoy your day.

- Dimitri

CHAGO

I've got my Kipon adapter today. May I put a question: how do you get the zoom 100% to focus easily? Thank you.

asfeir

Quote from: CHAGO on December 13, 2017, 04:58:44 AM
I've got my Kipon adapter today. May I put a question: how do you get the zoom 100% to focus easily? Thank you.

pressing the star key will bring the zoom

CHAGO

Thank you very much, asfeir. It works perfectly. Thank you very much indeed.

Dimitric

Hello -

I just bought this ring adaptor to be able to mount a Leica lenses on the X1D.
I mounted it this evening but the camera says "No lens detected!:-\
I made sure that it was correctly snapped into place but even I pressed the camera release button but nothing happened and the camera always display on the screen "No lens detected!"

I tried with a Leica 6 bits coded lens, with an uncoded Leica lens and also with a uncoded Voigtlander lens (the last 10mm).

Does anyone have any what the problem is? Am I missing something?

Thank you.

- Dimitri

Michael H. Cothran

Absolutely! You must set the shutter to Electronic mode. Then all should be fine.