Little River

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael H. Cothran

Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Image captured Oct 28, 2017 with the X1D & 45mm lens. The Little River runs parallel with the road, or rather, the road runs parallel with the river from the Sugarlands Visitor Center to Cades Cove. Thank goodness the X1D is weather sealed as it sure got a drenching this day. I spent much of the time wiping off the polarizer.

X1D-50c
XCD 45mm/f3.5 lens
Circular Polarizer
Center Spot metering, Aperture Priorty
5 sec @ f14
ISO 100
Gitzo tripod w/Kirk ball head

hcubell

Very nice image. Any issues so far with the operation of the camera or the lenses from the rain?

Michael H. Cothran

No issues at all with the rain. I did wipe off the camera & lens quite frequently. I had a polarizer over the lens all day, so the front lens element was not subjected to any direct moisture. That said, I did lose a few shots due to water drops & hazing on the filter.

sanglier

Hello, how do you adjust the polarizing filter?.
Personally, I do not clearly distinguish the setting in the viewfinder.

Michael H. Cothran

You're right. It is not nearly as easy as looking through an optical view finder. I turn the filter slowly so the EVF or LCD screen can keep up. I find something to look at where there should be a change. Sometimes I have to turn the filter several times in order to distinguish a change somewhere.