Unresponsive Shutter Button

Previous topic - Next topic

Chriscove

I see there is an older post about this but I thought I would revive it because I am having a similar problem.

I am a new X1D owner. I have the latest firmware. Occasionally the shutter button is completely unresponsive no matter what I do. It happens randomly and some times it takes up to 4 tires to respond. It has happened in AF, manual mode using AFD button and when I am using manual focus only lens. I have tired everything to predict when it is going to happen but I cannot. The camera will work fine for an hour and then no response from the shutter button.

I was wondering how common this problem is?

Thanks,

Chris

thomasvr71

I had a similar problem in the past. I made a reset of the X1D and i installed again the firmware and it was again  all perfect.

Chriscove

BillW

After trying a reset with instructions from Hasselblad, I returned my X1D to them. They agreed it was an issue and the camera was sent to Sweden for repair. It has not made it back to me yet but is on its way I have been informed. It was reacting exactly as you describe. You might read my posting.
Thanks
Bill

ceoofhell

I had exactly the same problem and had to sent the camera back to Sweden. Now the button works again.
If the camera would not produce such outstanding images, I would throw it into the trashcan and would never touch anything else from Hasselblad.

My camera had lots of problems (many were solved with new firmwares during the last year), had to go to Sweden two times and was unusable for many month due to all the problems and repair stops.

If Hasselblad would really care about their Clients, they
1. would not let the client do the quality management.
2. would apologize for all the problems they caused and offer something in return (free battery or something like this, every time the camera has to come to Sweden because of the one-year-to-early-on-the-market problem).
3. would learn out of their mistakes. That would mean something like the focus problems with the 120mm lens would not happen, after all the above mentioned issues.

Its just don't want to miss the image quality anymore. But every time I take the camera into my hands, I am afraid something fails again (like the door cracks...).

hugenoot

Same problem during trip to Vancouver Island, hasselblad NL replaced the X1D for new one...

Chriscove

I did the reset and no improvement. Heading back to Sweden UGH!!! 3-4 weeks!!!

hcubell

Quote from: Chriscove on March 14, 2018, 09:03:14 AM

How long have you had your X1D?

Chriscove

Quote from: hcubell on March 14, 2018, 11:44:27 AM
Quote from: Chriscove on March 14, 2018, 09:03:14 AM

How long have you had your X1D?

1 week,,

Nick Jafferson

1 week? Chris, I have to tell you that according to Hassy's service policy, you can contact your dealer to exchange one.

Chriscove

Quote from: Nick Jafferson on March 14, 2018, 08:31:19 PM
1 week? Chris, I have to tell you that according to Hassy's service policy, you can contact your dealer to exchange one.

I should of clarified that I bought it used. From a fellow photographer who was using it only tethered and rarely and he has purchased it 6/17.

hcubell

I would ask him to take it back. He sold you a camera that was defective.

Chriscove

Quote from: hcubell on March 15, 2018, 02:02:55 AM
I would ask him to take it back. He sold you a camera that was defective.

He and I have discussed it and given it has to be sent back to Hasselblad either way we decided to wait till it returns and if it OK I will keep it. I also got a tremendously great deal on it.