New 1.19 Firmware

Previous topic - Next topic

satijntje

No idea why hb skipped 1.18, but 1.19 is available now.
Read specs at http://static.hasselblad.com/2014/11/Release-Notes-X1D-1_19_0.pdf
John

Michael H. Cothran

I've just downloaded. But, can someone please direct me to a release from Hasselblad that explains in more detail the new functions?? The Read Me page only lists what is new, but does not tell how or where to set/control these functions.

joelypolly

From the user manual
● Custom Buttons. It is now possible to reprogram 3 buttons to a different function. See page 106.
● Touch-pad selection of AF point. Use the rear screen as touch-pad to select AF point while viewing through the EVF. See page 70.
● Live View in EVF only. A new setting can disable Live View on the rear LCD. See page 110.
● Lens Bokeh. A new setting allows the use of the full round aperture to create a smooth look in out-of-focus areas. See page 107.
● Create new folder. It is now possible to quickly add new folders to the storage media. See page 77.
● Toggle overlay in Video Live View. By pressing the display button you can toggle overlay for Video Live View. See page 108.
● Swedish language added. See page 118.

Michael H. Cothran

Thanks guys for the information. Will view.

Michael H. Cothran

Oops. Just found a flaw in 1.19.0. Can anyone please check their own camera to see if you have the same problem now? I've contacted Hasselblad Service in USA, but no response yet. Here's the problem -

My exposure compensation indicator in the EVF (lower left side) shakes and moves erratically when I turn the thumb wheel to adjust exposure. The exposure compensation may or may not change.

Can you please corroborate this on your own camera??

Thank You.

Michael H. Cothran

Nope. My thumb dial worked precisely until today.

Michael H. Cothran

One more question in this thread - Is there anyway to download the X1D user manual? I tried to drag & drop on my Mac, but it won't. Nor can I copy/paste.
I'd love to have it on my desktop screen for easy access.

docmoore

When the PDF is open ... at the bottom click on the disk icon and it will save to your chosen destination.

Bob

Michael H. Cothran

Update - Spoke with Anthony McCall, Hasselblad USA Service, who guided me thru a series of corrective steps on the X1D, which seems to have corrected my problem with the scroll wheel. If anyone else in the USA experiences this issue, please contact him for assistance.

Michael H. Cothran

Docmoore (Bob) - Thanks, that did the trick!!

siddhaarta

Quote from: Michael H. Cothran on October 25, 2017, 09:57:26 AM
Update - Spoke with Anthony McCall, Hasselblad USA Service, who guided me thru a series of corrective steps on the X1D, which seems to have corrected my problem with the scroll wheel. If anyone else in the USA experiences this issue, please contact him for assistance.

Is it this series of instructions or another thing?

1.   Turn the camera on
2.   Press the Menu button
3.   Tap the cog wheel
4.   Scroll to About
5.   Tap on the firmware version 5 times and a message will appear: Additional functions now available in the service menu
6.   Press Menu button
7.   Tap the cog wheel
8.   Scroll to Service
9.   Scroll down and tap on Scroll Wheel Handling
10.   Change the setting from Original to Adjusted.

frogfisher

Moving focus point via touchpad is genius. Applause and thanks to Hasselblad

sqarehole

Moving focus point is clever...like that. But, anyone had any flash problems? My Metz 76 mz-5 no longer firing, nor is my wee Meike one that I use for fill-in. Seems a coincidence that neither works now.

pahciao

Quote from: sqarehole on October 30, 2017, 09:09:00 AM
Moving focus point is clever...like that. But, anyone had any flash problems? My Metz 76 mz-5 no longer firing, nor is my wee Meike one that I use for fill-in. Seems a coincidence that neither works now.

I didn't have flash problems. Using Nikon SB-910.