Lightroom End of File Errors with X1D

Previous topic - Next topic

hcubell

I have experienced a small but consistent percentage of the X1D files that I import into Lightroom not opening properly to be processed in LR. I get an "End of File" error message. These are .fff files that I have first imported from the card into a desktop folder using Phocus. Strangely, the files open fine in Phocus.
Thoughts?

NickT

The only time I get those end of file errors is in Photoshop. It seems to me it's usually caused by Photoshop trying to open a file that hasn't been saved yet. When you export a file it seems there is a placeholder file put in place before the file is actually processed meaning you can see the placeholder but the file isn't actually written yet. Let's say you export a bunch of files as Tifs from Phocus and then go to open them all in PS BEFORE they have all finished processing (i.e. trying to open a placeholder), that will cause the end of file error.

I would try and open the files again in Lightroom and also look at file sizes.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

docmoore

I do not know if this is germaine but I do not open .fff in LR.

I open all files in Phocus and write tif files to a separate folder then import that folder to LR.

Little needs to be done in Phocus and less in LR .... but the output of LR is then edited in PS before I post it.

I doubt that Adobe will ever allocate the resources to deal with the files that Hasselblad has ...

Bob

ganesh

Same here.
In Bridge (I don't use LR) those files first shoes the regular preview image, upon selecting them, they turn to a generig icon and can't be opened by ACR or PS. Phocus opens them without problem.
As a workaround PS can open the coresponding raws directly. So far I tend to think it might be a card reader iusse, data transfer being to slow. But I might be wrong.

cementjungle

Quote from: hcubell on October 24, 2017, 09:09:51 AM
I have experienced a small but consistent percentage of the X1D files that I import into Lightroom not opening properly to be processed in LR. I get an "End of File" error message. These are .fff files that I have first imported from the card into a desktop folder using Phocus. Strangely, the files open fine in Phocus.
Thoughts?

The files my x1d produces are .3FR files. Where do these .FFF files come from? Is there some other type the x1d can produce that I'm not aware of?

In any event, I simply copy my .3FR files to a folder and process them in Lightroom. Never had an issue with any of them.
Bob Park
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.lightcraftstudio.com

NickT

3FR is Hasselblad's compressed format. When they are loaded into Phocus they will become FFFs which is basically a 3FR with additional metadata embedded.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano