Lens Corrections in Lightroom for X1D Lenses

Previous topic - Next topic

hcubell

Any idea why it is taking so long for Lightroom to offer the lens correction profiles for the X1D lenses?

flash

Are they not baked in already, like Olympus profiles?

Gordon

hcubell

Quote from: flash on October 28, 2017, 07:46:45 AM
Are they not baked in already, like Olympus profiles?

Gordon

I don't believe so.

Michael H. Cothran

I've used similar focal length HC lenses in LR to date as a substitute. There is a correction that takes place for the better, even if it isn't specifically for an XCD lens. You can at least try it to see for yourself.

xoda

Do you use it just to correct for vignetting, or geometry as well?

Michael H. Cothran

It corrects for everything that it would normally do on the HC lens, which would be both geometry and vignetting. Here's what I do in the Light Room Develop Module -

I scroll down to Lens Corrections, Then click on Basic to select Enable Profile Corrections, Remove Chromatic Aberrations, and Constrain Crop. Then I click on Profile to continue (note Enable Profile Corrections should already be clicked now).

For Make, I choose Hasselblad, then for the Model I choose the following -

For the XCD 30, I choose the HC 3.5/35
For the XCD 45, I choose the HC 3.5/50
For the XCD 90, I choose the HC 2.2/100

Right below choosing the above, you'll find "Amount." With these two sliders you can also manually adjust distortion and vignetting to any additional amount you want. I usually add the Vignetting back in by sliding to the left. Just my personal choice there.

Not sure what I'll use yet for the new XCD 120. Either one of the HC 120 or 150 lens profiles, I presume.

Michael H. Cothran

Of further interest - Under Lens Corrections, you can also choose Manual. Even if, or after, you choose to adjust via Basic & Profile. Spend some time playing with all the sliders under Transform. It is amazing what creative possibilities lie in these sliders. Try them all for fun.