XCD lens info not in Lightroom metadata

Previous topic - Next topic

satijntje

Hi,

in Lightroom, I very often use the metadata option to filter images that I want to see.
For the X1D, all images that were shot either with my XCD 90 or 45mm do not carry the metadata of the lens info. It says unknown lens
When I attach the 120mm Macro lens, the metadata on the info of the lens is available.

Can Hasselblad please have look into this?

Thanks

John

JoeC

This is an Adobe issue, not a Hasselblad issue. Adobe has yet to support the X1D and the XCD native lenses in its database. The Nikon D850 was just included a day or two ago and it hasn't really hit the stores in any quantity yet. I have no idea what's holding up the Adobe support. The HC and HCD lenses are in the Adobe database as are the other Hasselblad digital cameras.

pflower

Lightroom's behaviour is also curiously inconsistent. It has difficulty in deciding which camera has been used - let alone specifying the lens.

I took some 1200 photos in Krakow all with the 45mm lens.  LR shows that most were taken with the X1D-50c but 30 are attributed to just the X1D.  About 400 are correctly identified as having been taken with the XCD45mm whilst 800 are identified as having been taken with an unidentified lens - however the metadata does at least correctly state that the focal length was 45mm.  I have just started to use the XC-H adapter and all the, very few, exposures made with the HC 80mm lens are correctly identified.

satijntje

Indeed very curious, I have the same experience with my X1D and LR. I thought that there was a change when I did a Firmware update, but I have pictures from
April 2017 with Hasselblad X1D,
12 May 2017 with Hasselblad X1D-50
and then again after this date pics with X1D.
So it does nothing have to do with the firmware update.

John

docmoore

My workflow is a bit different ....

Everything is imported and then I use Phocus to develop the FFF and export to folders that are then imported by LR.

736 pictures to date ... all with lens and camera metadata correct.

I know that Phocus may be an acquired taste ... but the highlight recovery, clarity and color to me are so good it is worth the effort.

Bob

satijntje

Quote from: docmoore on September 09, 2017, 08:54:08 AM

Everything is imported and then I use Phocus to develop the FFF and export to folders that are then imported by LR.

I know that Phocus may be an acquired taste ... but the highlight recovery, clarity and color to me are so good it is worth the effort.

Bob

I am a Lightroom junky and as I am over 60, I consider myself to old to start with Phocus -)

J

michael123

What is the easiest way to configure Phocus to perform conversion to TIFF only.. ?

JoeC

The X1D EXIF information is currently missing tags that identify the XCD lenses and distance-to-subject values. Here's a comparison of the EXIF resulting from shots with the HC 210mm and X-H adapter and the XCD 45mm lenses:

Note that while the "FocalLength" tag is present for both, the "Lens" and "SubjectDistance" tags are only present with the HC 210mm lens. Adobe uses the Lens tag to identify the lens for the purpose of applying Lens Corrections in LR and ACR. Phocus likely uses the FocalLength tag to identify the lens and assumes that if the focal length is 45mm, then the lens is the XCD 45mm lens. Both sets of EXIF data are missing several common EXIF tags. For comparison, here is the EXIF data from a Sony a7RII image:

The "ExposureBiasValue" tag (EV) is particularly conspicuous by its absence from the X1D EXIF info.

hugenoot

In LR I get:
Make: Hasselblad
Model: unknown-50c
Software: 1.17.3-12

Make: Hasselblad
Model: Hasselblad X1D-50c
Software: 1.17.2-11

the lens info is all <mixed>

tedtrimmer

I have been selecting a similar lens under the lightroom selections for Hasselblad and the aberrations are corrected for the most part.  Please note that I have not done any X1D firmware updates so far.

badtzmat

My workflow is a bit different ....

Bob

I am of the "acquired taste" crowd... Could you post more about you workflow? Hasselblad's guidance is thoroughly lacking in how a workflow should work with Phocus.

Thanks so much,

Matthew

cementjungle

Quote from: JoeC on September 09, 2017, 01:51:51 AM
This is an Adobe issue, not a Hasselblad issue. Adobe has yet to support the X1D and the XCD native lenses in its database. The Nikon D850 was just included a day or two ago and it hasn't really hit the stores in any quantity yet. I have no idea what's holding up the Adobe support. The HC and HCD lenses are in the Adobe database as are the other Hasselblad digital cameras.

I would think it would be up to the manufacturer to provide the specs/data to Adobe in a timely fashion so products can be included in time for the actual release of the products.

Do we know if Hasselblad has done this?
Bob Park
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.lightcraftstudio.com