Anyone tried the Canon EOS EF autofocus adapter?

Previous topic - Next topic

cementjungle

Bob Park
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.lightcraftstudio.com

rem

Why should I buy a Hasselblad and then use a Canikon lens?   I do not own a X1D.
Rem

MGrayson

Quote from: rem on November 11, 2018, 10:02:06 PM
Why should I buy a Hasselblad and then use a Canikon lens?   I do not own a X1D.
Rem

I've no idea. The only Canon lenses with guaranteed big enough image circles are the TS lenses, and those don't AF anyway. Maybe some of the other lenses are sharp outside the FF image circle? Seems a strange design decision.

You could get a sharp 30.5mm square format?

I *do* have an X1D and a full set of Canon lenses... Now a Leica S lens adapter, THAT would be nice...

Matt

Bill_Evans

For me it would be the ability to have a relatively clean solution to use Canon TS lenses.

https://youtu.be/x7XJkNkyohU

BillEvansPhotography.net
BillEvansBlog.com

MGrayson

I see, even to use the manual focus TS lenses, you need an intelligent electronic connection to handle the aperture. So AF isn't a big leap - might as well get it.

I might just try that with the Canon TS 24. That's the focal length I miss most on the X1D.

--Matt

fotophil

I also use both Leica S007 and Hasselblad X1D cameras. I am interested in the experience of other users of the Leica S-H Adapter. I have not found much in operating instructions but I have made some observations and I am very interested in how they compare with others. AF on the Leica S seems to work fine with all of my lenses (both with newer 19.0.3 and old 13.0.0 firmware) when using the optical finder but AF does not work in Live View although the green cross does change to green. My 24mm firmware 19.0.3 lens does not have aperture control or central shutter but it does have AF. The 24mm lenses is essentially wide open all of the time. All other lenses (with 13.0.0 firmware) have full controls. My other 19/0/3 firmware lenses (35-90 and 150) have aperture control, central shutter and AF. None of the 19.0.3 lenses have an orange dot or 1/2000 shutter and all three work in AF mode on my X1D.

The Lecia S adapter does not list support for the 24mm lens so maybe that is the problem. I had to upgrade the 24mm from 17.0.0 firmware to 19.0.3 firmware in order to have AF with the X1D. I did not test the 24mm on the Leica when I still had the old firmware and I don't know if the older firmware can be reinstalled.

MGrayson

Whoops! I just remembered that Canon lenses on the X1D would require the electronic shutter with its 300 ms scan time. Only usable on static subjects.

Never mind.

hbern

Quote from: MGrayson on November 12, 2018, 02:25:08 PM
Whoops! I just remembered that Canon lenses on the X1D would require the electronic shutter with its 300 ms scan time. Only usable on static subjects.

Never mind.

Exactly. Why autofocus when you can only photograph static objects with the camera mounted on a tripod anyway. But getting exif data and being able to control aperture through the camera would be great, right now I am using the Cambo adapter to control aperture of the canon TS-lenses, and features such as LR's matching exposure does not work with out aperture data. The cambo is also kind of glitchy, so changing aperture can be a bit of a slow process, and you need to bring an extra charger around, which would be nice to get rid of as well. Another minor downsides for me with the cambo ca-xcd is that with my tripod setup I can't unmount it while the camera is vertically mounted to the tripod.

Edit: I watched that video and it doesn't seems like the exif data is written very well, at least not to the fujifilm...