Converter XH x0,8 with HC120 17.0.0

Previous topic - Next topic

ALAIN

Hello,
I use the XH 0.8 converter for various H lenses, on an X1D 1.
I would like to use it to mount an HC120 FW 17.0.0, but the converter does not recognize, neither in mechanical shutter, nor in electronic shutter, as indicated in the manual: it would need a version 18.0.0 or + ...
I don't think it's an optical reason, but rather an electronic one.
Would there be a trick to remedy this problem and be able to use this HC120 on this X1D, even only as an electronic shutter possibly?
Best regards,
Alain (from France)

JCM-Photos

2003 launch of the HC 120 Macro Mk1
2010 launch of the HC 120 Macro Mk2
2017 launch of the HC 120 Macro Mk2 orange dot

Only the last orange dot edition is fully X System compatible with AF
Mk2 non orange dot should be compatible without AF
Mk1 I don't know that old stuff

If the camera says "no lens detected" with a H or X lens, it means that there is no electronic communication between lens and camera.
That happens with dirty contact or electronic lens failure.

The camera says also "no lens detected" when mounting third party lenses. Then you switch to electronic shutter in the menu or a camera preset and the camera works with any possible lens.

When a H or X lens isn't detected there is no chance to use the electronic shutter because the shutter remains closed all time.

There is no trick to enable AF with a non orange dot lens because the lens electronic hardware is different
Sharpen your eyes not your files

ALAIN

Thank you for this valuable information.
I confirm that the X1D version 1 does not recognize the 120 edition 1 mounted on the XH 0.8 converter.
It is therefore impossible to use it, even as an electronic shutter, that old trick :)
However, everything is fine with the standard XH converter!

ALAIN

Correct: the HC120 1 + converter XH 0.8 + X1D 1 works as an electronic shutter, but only at maximum aperture (not very interesting !).

JCM-Photos

You should report this issue to Hasselblad
Sharpen your eyes not your files

ashdown

The lens should be detected but according to Hasselblad, no version (including orange dot) will have AF on the X1D (1 or 2). Lenses before the Orange for should be limited to a maximum 1/800th leaf shutter speed.

Try cleaning the contacts.

BasicLearner

Unfortunately 80mm 2.8 (version 17.0.0) is not detected in x1d ii with normal XH adapter.

Alex

I had a similar spec. one hanging off a X1DII via an HTS the other day, so it should be possible.

Alex