X1D Color Artifacts in the OOC JPEG Files

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

Sorry for the delay on this, I have just heard back from a couple of Swedes (still on holiday) and thy had this to say:

it is related to the downscaling of the file to ΒΌ size. The algorithm used is slightly simplified for several reasons (processing time and code size). We will look into this for coming fw releases.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

BostonBoy

Thanks for sticking with it Nick - glad to see there is a kind-of-sort-of high level answer, at last. Scaling artifacts from the JPEG engine was one possible option. Personally I think the problem is completely avoidable for Hasselblad then - don't scale at all, and give us the full 50 MPixel JPEG OOC as an option. I'm happy to resize them on my computer instead.

At least this confirms my suspicion that it is an internal, X1D specific problem - I already arrived mentally at that point anyway after not finding a flow in my own workflow, and once again, it's not the biggest of my problems with the camera since Phocus RAW conversions are just fine and don't exhibit the problem.

It will get sorted out, eventually. Patience, Patience.....unfortunately none of my virtues.