Brand New You Tube Videos featuring the X1D

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael H. Cothran

Was just posted a few hours ago - there are quite a few of them, well presented by Hasselblad ambassador, Karl Taylor. Each are only a few minutes long, so grab a refreshment, sit back, and watch one right after another. Note that they ARE numbered, so it might behoove you to watch them in order.
Here's a link to one, which should then bring up all of the others as well. This first one is more or less an introduction to the X1D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gaABKJHBPw&t=15s

Michael H. Cothran

I found, of interest in the 3rd video, that Karl Taylor refers to the 22mm lens as a 21mm, and the 65mm as a 63mm. BUT...when he showed sample shots of these two lenses, they were still labeled as 22mm & 65mm. So, not sure at the moment what they will actually be, but I am quite interested in the 22/21mm lens for landscapes. I also found it "promising," that he actually had a working XH lens adapter which he also demonstrated. I have one on preorder from B&H, so I'm hoping that it will be available sooner than later now!!

chambeshi

Many thanks for the alert. They provide an accessible and comprehensive overview; and how refreshing to have a presenter who can enunciate :-)

This piece in No 10 on focus indication really stands out among the many great features of the X1D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPhUg8PFbNM

kind regards

neilb

I took a look at the videos and was surprised to see Karl using the Phocus software on the iPad. I have the software and it sort of works (sometimes) but not sufficiently to be even vaguely useful. On my software as per other examples I have seen, the controls come up in Orange. Karl's software had the controls come up in Green and the User Interface looked quite different. I'm on version 3.2.1, is it likely that Karl has a completely different version? (maybe version 4). Or do you think he was actually controlling a H-series with it and just showing it as an illustration?

Thanks, Neil