XCD Lens Roadmap

Previous topic - Next topic

BradP

Is anyone aware of any updated lens delivery roadmap since the 28 Feb Press Release?  Like many I'm sure, I'm particularly interested in any info on delivery dates for the 120 and 35-75.

Quality first though!

sanglier

For the 120 mm, sstimated start of delivery in Autumn 2017.

Michael H. Cothran

IMO - You can ask as many people as you want, and ALL you will get is speculations and opinions. Any specific time frame that anyone tells you is either their speculation, or they are simply passing on what the Hasselblad website has currently listed. And you can certainly go to their website anytime you want, and find the same information. And even that is pure speculation, plus some wishful thinking, on Hasselblad's part.

Here's what I do, and have done with my X purchases - Some of the larger retail outlets in the US give you the option of either pre-ordering (for which you are NOT charged until the item is shipped), or getting put on a notification list (when the item comes in stock, you will be notified). I did that with B&H for the X1D, all 3 current lenses, extra batteries, etc. I quit being frustrated at Hasselblad, and went about my life. When those items eventually came in, I was notified, and they were shipped. Much less stressful for me than being let down frequently by expectant dates that seem to come & go. I am now currently on their notification list for the 120 lens, and have pre-ordered the XH adapter.

FWIW & IMO again - According to Hasselbladbron.com, Only the 120 lens and XH adapter seem to have reached a prototype version, which should mean that they should be the next items shipping in the future. I believe the 22, 65, and 35-75 lenses are still on the drawing board, with no prototypes yet unveiled. So, it would be my guess that these lenses will not see the light of day until 2018 at the earliest.

The 22 is the only other lens I have real interest in. The 35-75 does not interest me at all. I have owned & used the HCD 35-90 zoom for over 5 years now. It is nothing short of spectacular, albeit a large, heavy-weight lens for sure. I find the 35-75 zoom to be a bit too conservative with a 1:2 zoom ratio. However, it should certainly be a lot smaller and lighter than my 35-90. I'm unsure about the 65 lens, as I currently own the 45 & 90. Granted, the 65 would fill in between the 45 & 90, but I'm not sure how important that might be.  It is "my" speculation that the 65 will be the "new" 80mm normal lens for the X1D. As such, I would expect it to have a maximum aperture somewhere between f2 - f2.8. We'll see.

Hope we all get our lenses sooner rather than later!

Imagecrazy

Autumn estimated now for the 120?  Well, been holding on to one lens, the 45, waiting for it.  Think now will just get the 90 and have them take me off the list for the 120.  Darn it.