X1d bag

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Borgström

My pictured bag comes in a Hasselblad branded box similar to the X1D box; H embossed on both side leather and a Billingham/England label below one. The inside dimensions are something like 160X100x200mm VxDxH (it is somewhat flexible and well padded).
I think it looks nice too.
Sorry you had a bag you find ridiculous.
I have a compact and well sized bag to carry my X1D with two lenses.

Imagecrazy

The width of mine on the inside is 140mm, so I think some of us have gotten shorted by Billingham.  That would explain how our bags came out different.  Also noticed your front pocket seems bigger than mine.  I agree it looks nice, but my version is too tight to be of use.  I will make it my bag for carrying smaller mirrorless.  Not useful for the X1d. If it was the dimensions of yours, it would be OK for just camera and lens and few extras.  Then that would be OK.

hcubell

Quote from: ericborgstrom on May 19, 2017, 07:49:46 PM
I fit the X1D in the Billingham X1D bag with the 45 mm and 90 mm lenses. In front pocket a spare battery, a tripod plate and X-Rite Color checker. Fits like hand in glove. It should be noted that I attach the appropriate lens first when I take out the camera, ready for action.

You pack the X1D body without a lens in the bag and have it sit on top of the two lenses? That seems to me like a very inefficient way to walk about with the camera.

Eric Borgström

Very efficient. I pic the lens for the task at hand. After attaching I carry the ready camera in my right hand secured by a wrist-strap.
You can not be action ready with the camera in a bag. The bag is for transport, to me anyway.

Michael H. Cothran

I had posted earlier about the camera bag I wound up buying - the MindShift TrailScape 18 liter. Here's a couple of pictures I took of it with my current X system, plus a few accessories. As you can see, I still have plenty of room for more accessories AND the 120 & 22 lenses when they come out. I did a lot of research before settling on this bag, and I have not been disappointed.

The vertical picture shows the bag and all I have packed to date. Please note the RRS L bracket mounted permanently to the body. It fits precisely around the entire base, and gives total access to all places needed on the body. If you do any amount of tripod work, I definitely recommend buying one of these. This particular bracket actually comes in 2 parts - the base plate, which features an Arca Swiss mount, and the L part, which also has the Arca Swiss mount. The L is adjustable in its distance from the body, giving you complete access to the two compartments along the side. Besides the body, 3 lenses, and 2 extra batteries, I also carry a Hasselblad 77mm CP, plus a 67-77 step-up ring for use with the 45 & 90 lenses. Also, the Sekonic L-758DR hand meter, the Color Checker Passport, and a Pelican case with 12 SD cards. A 13th card is inserted in the body.

The horizontal image shows the placement within the bag, with lots of room still left over. The two compartments in the flap hold the CP and step-up ring in the bottom portion, and the memory cards and Passport in the upper portion.

In addition,  the outer portion can expand outwards 2-3 inches providing even more space if necessary, plus a compartment for a laptop or tablet, plus lots of other flat items. There are compartments on either side of the bag which will hold water in one, and your tripod in the other.
Furthermore, the bag meets airline carry-on regulations, PLUS, for Southwest, it meets the regulations for your second carry-on bag, which they refer to as a "personal" item. In other words, this bag fits under the seat during take-off and landing.