Problems with Live View

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBrennan

While working on a tripod, I noticed that if the live view display timed out and turned off before taking the picture, it was very difficult to get it to turn back on. It seems that pressing the shutter button half way is a very inconsistent in actually functioning.

It's very surprising that even with a very stripped down feature set, the software seems to act oddly on different occasions, including trying to control the display of the focus point selections. At the point, it decides to show itself, I could have already focused the camera myself.... combining this with its shutter lag leads to a pretty hesitant shooting experience.

Let's hope they will be addressing these quirks in a firmware update.

pflower

Yes, I have the same problem with live view.  Somehow the light touch on the shutter button doesn't always work (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't).  Walking around with it the other day I kept pressing the shutter button to get live view back and ended up with 3 or 4 unfocused photographs of my feet because I ended up pressing too hard.

Hopefully Hasselblad are noting all of these issues down and working on them.

Is there actually a point of contact with Hasselblad to report issues such as these?  If so where is it?

Neimad

I do have the exact same issue. Live view goes off for no reason sometimes. Pressing half way on the shutter does not always bring it on. Multiple presses are sometimes required and I ended up sometimes by taking a photo as I was pressing too hard.
The sensor in the viewfinder is also not very responsive. I wear glasses and it doesn't always detect my eyes. On the other side, it's often activated if I put my hand around the LCD to protect from the sun.
I'm testing the camera for few weeks and there are a lot of small things to be fixed by Hasselblad. I enjoy the high quality photos but this is also a very frustrating camera to use.

Michael Erlewine

I hear that fixing the problem of LiveView turning off after 15 sec has made it into the next firmware update.

satijntje

Quote from: Michael Erleiwne on April 23, 2017, 04:27:46 AM
I hear that fixing the problem of LiveView turning off after 15 sec has made it into the next firmware update.

what more is in the surprise package for 1.16, or even 1.2?

John