X1D in the Gallery

Previous topic - Next topic

sanglier

The blue line of the Vosges, in France

romeobravophoto

Quote from: Hassilistic on June 10, 2018, 07:51:04 AM
Beautiful Romeo! beautiful enough for me to comment on  ;)
A little more of dodging & burning on the arms and shoulder.  The biceps area has uneven tones like patches.  And the shoulder drastic transition from dark to bright is too abrupt and can do more with some dodging.  The model needs to look past you and not at you, but even then it still makes the cut.

Well done, and thank you for sharing.
Thanks for the tip - sometimes I concentrate on retouching the face so much that I forget other parts  :-[
Working on it now...

romeobravophoto

Michael H. Cothran

Hand-painted rockers at the Huntsville Botanical Gardens, Huntsville, Alabama

X1D-50c
XCD 45mm/f3.5 lens
1/100 sec @ f11
ISO 100

Michael H. Cothran

Quite a few old cars like this are being entwined at Old Car City in White, Georgia.

X1D-50c
XCD 45mm/f3.5 lens
.8 sec @ f11
ISO 100

Michael H. Cothran

Gaillardia with a small bit of red Portulaca around the edges.

X1D-50c
XCD 120mm/f3.5 Macro lens
1/100 sec @ f11
ISO 100

Michael H. Cothran

Am having a newfound respect and admiration for my HC 300 lens. I've saved it from the auction block simply because I wanted a long lens for my X1D. I've never had much faith in it in the past, but somehow I seem to be able to get better results with my X1D than I ever could with my old H4D. Undoubtably due to being able to better focus with the X1D. Here's a shot I took today of an unknown flowering plant. (If you can identify this plant, I'd appreciate it.)

X1D-50c
HC 300mm/f4.5 lens
1/60 sec @ f8
ISO 100

Michael H. Cothran

This is the original "office" at Old Car City in White, Georgia. They've moved the entrance to a larger "barn-type" building now. The same rustic look, only much larger in size. The right side of this image was extremely dark, compared to the left side. Took some heavy processing to even-out the luminosity. Fortunately, Hasselblad files, in general, can withstand some pretty strong corrections with no side affects. Awesome as to how much detail there was in the back area.

X1D-50c
XCD 21mm/f4 lens
1/5 sec @ f16
ISO 100

sanglier

Islande  X1D and XCD 30 mm and 45 mm

MGrayson

Hi All,

This is my first attempt at an image post. Subway exit at the NYC Municipal Building. X1D/30.

Best,

Matt

alkaabi

I hope you like it:

X1D/45mm

you can see more of my work at

www.aalkaabi.com

alkaabi

I hope you like this one as well:

OleBe

Just found this thread, let me fill it with some fresh pictures. :)

Michael H. Cothran

Sunflower
Cheekwood Botanical Gardens
Nashville, Tennessee

X1D-50c
XCD 120mm/f3.5 Macro Lens
1/160 sec @ f8
ISO 100

alistairm

Using the X1D and 45 as a walk around camera.