Swap aperture / shutter speed scroll wheels?

Previous topic - Next topic

xoda

Is it possible to swap the scroll wheel functions such that the aperture gets controlled by the front scroll wheel during manual mode?

Patrick CM

acg69

The front scroll wheel controls the aperture in A mode, the shutter speed in S mode and -by default without the option to change- the aperture in M mode (whereas shutter speed in M mode is controlled by the real wheel. So, what you describe is already there and cannot be changed as fas as I know.

xoda

Quote from: Patrick CM on May 07, 2024, 09:01:31 AMThis p24 of the manual....

Yes I saw that, but I'm not sure I understand what it's saying. Is it saying I can toggle between having the front scroll adjusting the aperture vs shutter speed by changing the mode (e.g. A vs S vs M)? Or is it saying within M mode, I can toggle the functions of the front scroll wheel?

Patrick CM

Quote from: xoda on May 08, 2024, 07:18:16 AM
Quote from: Patrick CM on May 07, 2024, 09:01:31 AMThis p24 of the manual....

Yes I saw that, but I'm not sure I understand what it's saying. Is it saying I can toggle between having the front scroll adjusting the aperture vs shutter speed by changing the mode (e.g. A vs S vs M)? Or is it saying within M mode, I can toggle the functions of the front scroll wheel?

I too misunderstood I think. I thought toggle meant you could change them over. But I tried on my X2D and that's not the case. As you said, only in S or A modes. Annoying. Apologies

acg69

The aperture IS controlled by the front wheel in manual mode. What you describe as your need is already there:)