Soft focus with X2D and XCD 35-75mm Zoom.

Previous topic - Next topic

Domip

Quote from: JoeC on October 23, 2023, 05:23:22 AM
Quote from: AlwaysRichard on September 10, 2023, 01:12:35 PMI think I figured it out, the leaf shutter on the XCD 35-75mm lens is defective.

I now have had the exact same problem with my XCD 35-75mm lens. Tack sharp when used with electronic shutter. Jittery/unsharp images when using leaf shutter. It'll go to Hasselblad for service next week. I'd be interested in any repair experience you've had with the lens. Thanks.

Joe

Hi Joe, how did it go? Is it solved?

Domip

Quote from: AlwaysRichard on September 10, 2023, 10:54:20 PM
Quote from: Eric Borgström on September 10, 2023, 07:42:27 PMInteresting finding. So not due to image stabilisation on. Rather defect leaf shutter on your XCD Zoom.

I tried on tripod image stabilisation off, and hand-held image stabilisation on. Same result (image sharp when shooting with the electronic shutter).

The brick-wall coffee mural was hand-held.

Here the same conclusion... Only sharp with electronic shutter ON with the X2D-100c. Don't recall having this with X1D II  ::)

Nicci

Same issue here. Just used the zoom for shooting some casual landscapes while hiking (no tripod) and 90% of the images are blurry (if only slightly). This did not happen with the X1D II.