Trouble accessing the forum?

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

Hi Derek

I see dozens of bots attacking this site on a daily basis.
I now see your Flikr account in your signature, if you had put that i your profile...

Now approved.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

manellin

Hello I cannot access this forum either.
Could someone help me please?
best regards

NickT

Quote from: iklo on February 14, 2020, 03:42:49 PM
I am interested in accessing the X1D forum. I can't if I log in. Can if I log out but then I can't post. Can my privileges be adjusted? I am not a bot I promise. (but then again, they all say that).

Now I know you're not a bot :) All approved.

NickT

Quote from: manellin on February 17, 2020, 10:13:44 AM
Hello I cannot access this forum either.
Could someone help me please?
best regards

Hi Mateo
Your profile (which only I can see) is lacking in detail and your IP doesn't match your location.

gnat

Nick, I appreciate your goal to keep a focused and civil forum (I help run a car forum...), but I have some issues.

First, while I have no issue giving you my actual name, the form appears to indicate that anyone would be able to see it. From what I can tell that would only be people that are logged in and while I appreciate the efforts you go to weed out bad actors, that's still not something I'm comfortable with (yes I tend towards paranoia for privacy concerns ;)).

The second issue is the professional information. I'm not a photographer and as such have nothing to offer those 3 questions. My interest here is indirect in that I'm (finally) buying an HB for my wife (also not a professional) and here to learn.

Is there a compromise that will allow me to get access? Happy to chat in more detail if you want to ping me at the email address associated to this account.

NickT

Hi Gnat
Thanks for the message, as per page one of this thread only mods can see your profile info as this has always been how members wanted it. To anyone else reading this the "Notes" Feld is a good way to communicate why you want to join if you can't fill in all the blanks, or indeed post here.

Gnat approved :)

gnat

Thanks for the confirmation Nick, I'll update my name then (I did see the note on the first page, it was the wording on the profile page that concerned me).

MaggieUmich

Hi Nick,

I can't access either. Could you tell me what information is missing? Thank you!

Maggie

NickT

Hi Maggie
Your details don't quite add up. Hint better to be more precise than "US".

phOtOny teXas

Why can't I access or post, I use password and answer question. can't get to X1d ????

slavcho

Hello, I am reading the forum for some quite time, but I cannot do this while logged in. I am not a bot ;D!

slavcho

Could you please let me into the x1d forum section? Many thanks in advance!

NickT

Please complete your profile and then I will approve, thank you.

slavcho

Quote from: NickT on May 12, 2020, 05:17:31 PM
Please complete your profile and then I will approve, thank you.

Well, I filled everything possible in the profile?!

docholliday

Hi Nick,

I've filled out my profile twice (and changed my info to another email I have), but I still don't see anything other than a video forum. Also, the "Contacting the moderator" link doesn't have permission to be accessed, so I couldn't contact you there either.