No Batteries....

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBrennan

It's extemely frustrating to have spent 15k on a system, planned a 30 day photo trip... and be completely unable to get a spare battery, or an answer from Hassleblad.

I seriously have a good mind to return all the equipment.

Batteries are not hand made. This should not be an issue.

and the hired Ming for strategic planning? Here's a plan ..... Deliver some effin batteries to your dealers!!

JimBrennan

Can ANYONE in the USA sell me a spare battery for my trip??

Imagecrazy

We are all in the same boat on this side of the pond.  It may have something to do with travel/shipment restrictions on lithium batteries.  You would think the airlines could design a box that would be safe to store batteries?  But if you plan on flying, you may have same problem even if you get extra batteries?

pflower

No one allows you to fly lithium-ion batteries in bulk, so they have to be shipped by road or sea.  Clearly we in Europe benefited from this being closer to Sweden - I got my spares about a month ago.  But shipping to the USA and then distributing by road or rail is clearly more challenging.

Dan

You can ship llithium-ion batteries  both overseas and within the USA by air.

The USPS will not take them, and they cannot be shipped as cargo in a passenger aircraft.

UPS will ship them both within the USA and as Cargo internationally

Of course there are more forms and a higher cost.

https://www.ups.com/content/do/en/resources/ship/packaging/guidelines/batteries.html

JimBrennan

I must say, I finally did get a reply and yes, there were unexpected shipping difficulties.

I really appreciated the reply as well. Part of the issue here in USA is I have no dealer close to me, and had to make this purchase over the internet....

Don't get me wrong,  I am glad to have it, and I think the camera is great.

Mr-Anderson

I got mine two spares of batt. Good to have three now! Seems that they ship more now!

hcubell

Quote from: Mr-Anderson on April 07, 2017, 01:11:57 AM
I got mine two spares of batt. Good to have three now! Seems that they ship more now!

Where??

Mr-Anderson

Goecker Denmark. But I had order them with the camera so I got them after 3-4 weeks