How does wifi work?

Previous topic - Next topic

doublev

If I enable wifi  on x1d i can see the camera wifi (i believe it is my cameras serial #) and connect to it without a password.. but how can i get images to show up on an iPad or on my PC with Phocus?  I cannot find any documentation in the users guide or phocus (or maybe i need some other software?)

It is new and somewhat confusing to me.. if i connect to the cameras wifi, how does my PC/ipad then have its own wifi for internet?

Imagecrazy

You download the Phocus app to your IPad, is how I got it to work.  Haven't tried on PC installed Phocus yet.

doublev

Yes. Thank you. It works easily with "phocus mobile" app.

I dont think it works with the PC having found some documentation in the manual (only talks about mobile app for wifi).

Snuffels

Can you control the camera using the iPad or must it be tethered to a laptop or desk top in order to work?

rent

You can trigger the shutter using Phocus Mobile while connected to the camera via wifi. The image is stored in the SD card in the camera, but can be browsed in Phocus Mobile.

When tethered to a computer, images are saved directly to the computer.

Alex

Quote from: Snuffels on March 28, 2017, 03:52:37 AM
Can you control the camera using the iPad or must it be tethered to a laptop or desk top in order to work?
Alex Jiang

Instagram

pflower

Quote from: rent on March 28, 2017, 05:28:17 AM
You can trigger the shutter using Phocus Mobile while connected to the camera via wifi. The image is stored in the SD card in the camera, but can be browsed in Phocus Mobile.

When tethered to a computer, images are saved directly to the computer.

Alex

Wi-fi looked interesting.  I have less interest in tethering with the X1D since I will, and indeed am, using it very much as a portable camera.  But I have been playing - i.e. just exploring very tentatively - with both wi-fi with Phocus Mobile  and tethering through Phocus proper and am hugely confused as to how both of these work or more accurately what I can do with them.  The manuals for both the X1D and Phocus (in both configurations) don't deal with what is possible and how to use the facilities.  Can anyone point me to any source which will explain the utility and use of these facilities?  Karl Taylor's, otherwise very good videos on Phocus, just brush over the use of Phocus 3 in tethering and doesn't touch upon the wifi aspects with Phocus Mobile.  Probably I won't need or use either facility but it frustrates me I can't get to grips with either of these.  Has anyone got a coherent explanation that they can point me to? 

Quote from: Snuffels on March 28, 2017, 03:52:37 AM