X1D Items Included In Package

Previous topic - Next topic

satijntje

For me its a simple decision, no batteries no X1D purchase :'(

Greg

To each his own, but I find the battery lasts a pretty significant amount of time.  In fact, I am more than happy with my X1D, even though I felt I would probably be disappointed given the hype the camera got.  My first Leica was an M240, and it had a lot of good qualities.  But, the X1D has filled in the gaps that I found missing in the Leica.  That may be due to my advanced age. 

My first camera was a rangefinder that was soon replaced by a Canon F-1, so I haven't had experience with a rangefinder since the early '70s.  Having admired the Leica brand since finding one in the equipment of my Army National Guard Battalion in 1969, I finally bought my first Leica, the M240.  So, over the years, Canon and Hasselblad have been my brand of choice for many, many years.  Now, I think my Canon will be used less and less frequently since I purchased the X1D.  We will get batteries and lens adapters in due time, but in the interim, I am going to enjoy (and admire) my X1D.  I love it.

Greg   

satijntje

Quote from: Greg on March 29, 2017, 07:17:47 AM
  We will get batteries and lens adapters in due time, but in the interim, I am going to enjoy (and admire) my X1D.  I love it.

Greg

Is HaBla  much smaller then Leica?
Leica had similar problems with the R adapter for the SL system as well and now also with the M10 batteries.
Maybe we have to buy 2 X1D's to have a spare battery :-)

John

Greg

No, the Leica was smaller, but not enough smaller to make a difference to me.  But, for me, the X1D is easier to hold and control.  The M240 seemed to lose settings when I went from one task to another and always needed resets to the controls I required.  So far, the X1D seems to remain where I left it last.  And, the settings show clearly in the finder or on the display, so I can easily check all the settings before composure.

Greg

satijntje

Quote from: Greg on March 29, 2017, 08:48:25 AM
No, the Leica was smaller, but not enough smaller to make a difference to me.  Bu

Greg

Greg, in fact I was not referring to the size of the cameras but to the company size related to the discussion of available batteries and so on.
The mothership of Leica in Wetzlar has a significant size although of course not Fuji or Pana Canikon size, I was not sure about HaBla's  size

Ario

Hasselblad as a company is much smaller then Leica. But in both cases the batteries are outsourced, Varta Indonesia for Leica and some Chinese manufacturer for Hasselblad.

JimBrennan

Gee when I submit my photos for Hassleblad Masters' I am going to include " all images made with one battery"