Off-centre grid lines since vers 3

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Hi,

Since version 3.0 I've noticed that when adding the grid lines they appear completely off centre in the picture frame, as they aren't moveable or customisable I'm imagining that this is a bug rather than an incorrect setting - is anybody else experiencing this?

Currently my workaround is do all my live view (grid-work based) compositioning in vers 2.8.x and then switch over to vers 3 for editing.

NB. Am using the Windows versions of Phocus.

Cheers,

Alex

Domip

On Mac, but I think on PC to: holding the alt/option key and you can move the grid ;-)

Alex

Cheers!

btw how do you reset it (to start from centre etc)?

Alex

Domip

Right-click on Grid and set to 1 line and adjust manually... it's okay when the sides align. Easier done than write ! 8)

Alex

Quote from: Domip on March 09, 2017, 05:32:56 AM
it's okay when the sides align.

Hi Domip,

I don't quite understand you here as to how sliding the guide line to the left or right side / top or bottom, will get it to end up positioning itself in the exact middle as at the default settings.

Cheers,

Alex

Domip

Simple though... with 1 line, when you go over the middle a new on appears on the opposite side... go back until it disappears. Eassier done than said...

Alex

Ah... I see; I'll have a try tomorrow morning

Cheers

Alex

That's cooll!
Dialing in 1 and moving just gets it into the corner, dialing in 2 gets the the guidelines to cross in the centre (of that particular image). Unfortunately it's not a reset / clear it as such (but more an infinitely customisable grid) in that it varies as goes from one image to another.

As said though it's good to know this exists.

Thanks,

Alex