Paul C. Buff Cyber Commander

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael H. Cothran

This is probably a long shot question, but...
Does anyone here know if the Paul C. Buff Cyber Commander remote control can be triggered on an X1D??
Thanks.

cementjungle

I can't imagine why it wouldn't work just fine. The Cyber Commander works with any camera with a standard ISO hot shoe. There's nothing going on between the commander and the camera other than a standard trigger signal.

I use the Paul Buff CyberSync Trigger Transmitter with the X1D and it works fine. The only difference between that and the Commander is the Commander also talks directly to your lights to control the lights' settings, but the camera isn't involved in that part of things at all.

Bob Park
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.lightcraftstudio.com

Michael H. Cothran

Thanks. Good to know. Looking forward to joining the modern world of studio lighting with the purchase of 3 new Einstein strobes, plus some accessories. Being able to control, fire, AND meter these new heads from a remote like the Commander will be a new, pleasant experience for me.

Hassilistic

Michael if you didn't make a purchase already, take a look at this allstar: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1084395-REG/broncolor_31_631_xx_siros_800_wifi_rfs_2_1.html?c3api=2572%2C138045322040&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrLarqO2P1QIVgqntCh0n3gcMEAAYASAAEgJ9s_D_BwE

Comes ready with Wifi for mobile control, and bundled with best Wireless trigger in market today, higher Watt capacity and one area Einstein can't touch nor match is light quality.  Oh and greater resale value, rent out and test before you buy, best way to be sure.
Choice is yours, just sharing.  ;)

Cheers,

Michael H. Cothran

Thanks for taking the time and consideration to share this link. I always appreciate the opinions and suggestions of knowledgeable people.

To be blunt, and to the point, I find the Broncolor strobes to be too pricey, and way beyond what I'm willing to pay. For $1500+ per Siros head, I can buy three Einstein 640's.
I don't mind laying down the big bucks for quality camera gear like Hasselblad, but I just don't feel the same compelling for strobes.
If I made my living doing high end fashion, beauty, and product photography, then I could see investing in a high end lighting system like Broncolor. But, that's just not the case. For my home studio, which gets "officially" used a couple of times per month, the Einsteins will be just fine. I trust Buff lighting, and feel it's the best on the market for the price.

So again, thank you for the recommendation. Oh!... Did I mention the fact that I live in Nashville, about a 20 minute drive to Buff's shop? :)

cementjungle

For what its worth, I've been using Paul Buff lights (White Lightning) for 12 or so years now and I love them.

As far as I know, the Einsteins have newer technology and more consistent color temp than the WL's... although I haven't had any negative feelings about the color temp with mine at all.
Bob Park
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.lightcraftstudio.com