Trading in my Leica S007 plus three lenses for the H6D-100

Previous topic - Next topic

ndwgolf

Guys
Yesterday I contacted a Hasselblad dealer in the UK and offered my 1 month old Leica S007 plus three lenses 30mm CS, 70mm none CS and the 120mm CS as a trade in using the Hasselblad trade up program............the cheeky B@stard offered me 10k  for the lot against a new H6D-100
Has anyone else had experience trading in using the Hasselblad promotion and got a fair deal out of it??
Any tips advise would be much welcome

Neil

Marc Gysin

Hi Neil

this is the official trade in program from Hasselblad and there you find Competitor 30MP> £5,800 
http://www.hasselblad.com/products/h6d-trade-in-program/

So I don't know about the lenses but trading in is not always the best option.

Best

Marc

Greg

I inquired directly to Hasselblad about the possibility of trading my Leica M9 for an X1D, because my local dealer offered me a pittance for it.  Steve Goldsmith referred me to Used Photo Pro, 220 East St. Claire Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204, Phone Number 317-917-7055.  They were able to give me an estimate for my equipment by its description, serial numbers, and condition.  They gave me a whole lot more than my local Hasselblad dealer was willing to give me in trade for a new X1D???  I guess they wanted a profit on both ends.  You may want to give them a call and see what you need to do to get an estimate.  It is disappointing to know that your equipment is not worth more when trying to migrate to a new system.

Regards,

Greg

Buddy

So then why you just don't sell it over there for "lot more" and make a big fuss about it over here about the H offer? shaking head  :-\

Greg

I'm really shaking my head on this one????  I simply offered the name, address, and phone number of the buyer who DID pay me more.  Hasselblad was not willing to make a trade at all, which was completely understandable.  If  you read my post correctly you would have seen that it was my local dealer who offered me a pittance.  Steve Goldsmith, with Hasselblad, was the one who directed me to a serious buyer to whom I DID sell my equipment.

desertdiver

Quote from: ndwgolf on January 10, 2017, 09:23:55 PM
Guys
Yesterday I contacted a Hasselblad dealer in the UK and offered my 1 month old Leica S007 plus three lenses 30mm CS, 70mm none CS and the 120mm CS as a trade in using the Hasselblad trade up program............the cheeky B@stard offered me 10k  for the lot against a new H6D-100
Has anyone else had experience trading in using the Hasselblad promotion and got a fair deal out of it??
Any tips advise would be much welcome

Neil

Neil, just out of curiosity, why are you planning to switch systems? Okay, I see the resolution advantage... but what else drives you if I may ask? There was a time when I was thinking to do the opposite, i.e. trading my H body for a S007 plus an H lens to Leica adapter. My decision was mainly driven by the form factor.

Regards, Udo