4 shot alignment issue when viewed in CC2015

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

Can anyone help please?
I've attached an image. The lhs shows a multi shot image processed as a tif and viewed at 200% in CC2015.
The rhs is the same image, same 200%, but in Phocus.
What's going wrong with the exported image?
Tight deadline here, so any help appreciated.

Apologies Nick T for throwing it wide open. I'm running out of time.....
8-(

NickT

it's weird, the image in Photoshop looks like it has been sharpened... When I shoot multi-shot I always shoot a single as well and mask it in when weirdness/movement pops up.

Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Alex

Hi,

Wow's there's quite a discrepancy between the two!
I'm not really quite sure how that's happened in the export ???
It's not like the normal registration issues from movement / light variation - it's more akin to when one gets a decrease in resolution and then oversharpening - I guess you've checked that the file size output is at it should be for a full size fresh export.
What version of Phocus are you using? have you tried modifying and exporting using a earlier/later 2.8/3.2 different version? Also have a look at the image in ACR / Lightroom by exporting the file as a DNG - Phocus has to part process the MS part of the file - with no lens corrections, sharpening etc it might give you more a clue as to where along the line the problem might be starting.

Best of luck - it's a bloody nightmare when something like this happens when under time pressures - hopefully it's something simple.

A

PH

Alex/ Nick
All settings re file size etc are fine. Nothing new.
Did the export to DNG and opened it up. Same thing.
Opened it in CS6, still there but not as bad. Had been on Phocus 3 but upgraded to 3.1.2 today.
Also chucked all the old files that were under app support. No difference.
Will go back to the old one and see what happens.
Think 2.9 was the last stable one afaik....
also chucked all the old files
Every time I shoot with this thing, always something...... Nikon just works!
Thanks guys
P

PH

Just remembered, you can view a tif in Phocus. It's not as bad. So it's a photoshop issue methinks?
Whaddaya reckon?

Alex

Hi P,

Just clutching at straws;
Phocus:
This is with just one image from the shoot? If so can you duplicate the file and then apply the modifications from another MS?
Also, what happens if you edit the duplicate export process recipe and change the export percentage size to 200% (sizing down by in PS).
If Phocus is showing Tiff differently to PS try opening file in Preview/Image Viewer - what's the result similar to?

A
A