Has anyone received their H6D upgrade?

Previous topic - Next topic

cerett

Purchased an H6D-50c to take advantage of the the upgrade to the 100c. That was four months ago. Can still get no answers on availability. Has anyone received their upgrade yet? If you have, did you return everything, including the battery and charger, or just the camera? Do they send an entire complete kit?

Mats E

Quote from: cerett on December 03, 2016, 10:31:31 AM
Purchased an H6D-50c to take advantage of the the upgrade to the 100c. That was four months ago. Can still get no answers on availability. Has anyone received their upgrade yet? If you have, did you return everything, including the battery and charger, or just the camera? Do they send an entire complete kit?

Hi,

I have received my H6D-100c roughly a month ago after having ordered the upgrade probably more than six months ago or even as early as beginning of this year.

However, this was an upgrade from an old H3D-31 that I acquired just for that purpose as I found the price gap for the upgrades between older bodies and my fairly new H5D-50c too narrow. Instead, I sold my H5D-50c separately and made a reasonable deal from that transaction.

We are all aware of some of the reasons for the delay of the 100 mpixel sensor but in spite of that, it would have been handsome would Hasselblad have been a bit more transparent in their communication to the market. This said even if it to certain extent initially has been out of their own control.

Regarding the repeted delays of the X1D, I however believe it is much more of inhouse issues due to improvements in the firmware and capacity of the assembly line that definitively could have been communicated much better. Personally, I don't think the current "mum" strategy is the proper way to go in establishing confidence for the brand in the market.

Let's just hope that these issues soon will be sorted out and that Hasselblad can speed up supply to satisfy the big demand. Actully a nice problem to have and where I think Hasselblad equally well want to have it sorted out soonest possible.
Cheers,
Mats
Mats

davidthescot

Its on its way and should be here today.

Three months from the date of order of the upgrade - not too bad I suppose.  Hasselblad in Sweden say that they have been overwhelmed with orders hence the delays in supplying.

Buddy

Quote from: Mats Elerud on December 04, 2016, 10:48:48 PM
Quote from: cerett on December 03, 2016, 10:31:31 AM

Hi,

I have received my H6D-100c roughly a month ago after having ordered the upgrade probably more than six months ago or even as early as beginning of this year.

However, this was an upgrade from an old H3D-31 that I acquired just for that purpose as I found the price gap for the upgrades between older bodies and my fairly new H5D-50c too narrow. Instead, I sold my H5D-50c separately and made a reasonable deal from that transaction.

We are all aware of some of the reasons for the delay of the 100 mpixel sensor but in spite of that, it would have been handsome would Hasselblad have been a bit more transparent in their communication to the market. This said even if it to certain extent initially has been out of their own control.

Regarding the repeted delays of the X1D, I however believe it is much more of inhouse issues due to improvements in the firmware and capacity of the assembly line that definitively could have been communicated much better. Personally, I don't think the current "mum" strategy is the proper way to go in establishing confidence for the brand in the market.

Let's just hope that these issues soon will be sorted out and that Hasselblad can speed up supply to satisfy the big demand. Actully a nice problem to have and where I think Hasselblad equally well want to have it sorted out soonest possible.
Cheers,
Mats

pretty much the same here. But I traded a H5D-40 into the 100c and sold the H5D-50c seperately. Now just waiting on the backup X1D

davidthescot

Well it turned up last night and I am SO pleased with it.  Everything worked flawlessly first go.  Wifi through my iPad menus the lot.

I liked the 50 but this, I think is a whole new ball game.

Here is a little test I did of the 100's ISO capabilities.  Full frame photo of our barn door and a crop of the rusty bolt at 100 and 1600.  The lens was the 100mm at 5.6.  Mirror up on a tripod.

cerett

Still waiting for my upgrade from the 50c to 100c. It has now been over five months. I've given up on the dealer and am now communicating directly with Hasselblad. I still cannot get any specific delivery date or even a window. The only answer is that "we are still filling backorders." Really quite frustrating and disappointing.

NickT

I hear you!
I think X1D has been a big distraction for a small company. I am going to really push Hasselblad to focus more on H6D.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

cerett

Quote from: NickT on January 06, 2017, 07:55:58 PM
I hear you!
I think X1D has been a big distraction for a small company. I am going to really push Hasselblad to focus more on H6D.

Thanks Nick. I agree that much of the delay is likely due to the X1D rollout. While I really appreciate Hasselblad's very generous upgrade offer to those who purchased the H6D-50c, I think they have an obligation to honor that offer in a reasonable and timely fashion. The paperwork for the upgrade to the 100c was submitted by me directly to Hasselblad USA on August 2nd.

cerett

One more thought . . . I think Hasselblad should not have launched two brand new cameras at the same time, especially the X1D. Perhaps six months apart would have been a better idea. Unlike Nikon, Canon, Sony, etc., they are a small company and are now being overwhelmed by the demand for the X1D. That is really terrific for a company I fully support, but disappointing to those waiting months for their H6D.

DJPixelMan

Quote from: NickT on January 06, 2017, 07:55:58 PM
I hear you!

And the H6 firmware upgrades as well too please. It's been nearly a year since the H6 was released, and half of the firmware is still missing. Not good enough. I see the X1 firmware is on 1.14.2, whereas the firmware for the H6 is stuck on 1.12.2..my guess is that the firmware is intrinsically the same for both cameras.

NickT

No the firmware is completely different, but I agree, H6D firmware is long overdue, I will be raising the issue with Sweden this week.

NickT

I have spoken to Sweden today and drawn their attention to the delays on the 50>100 upgrades.

There are *still* supply issues with the chips from Sony, the December batch was only delivered a few days before Christmas leaving no time to get them into backs. The good news is that supply looks like it will improve this year and upgrade customers will be prioritised.

I agree with you all about communications (or lack thereof), while things have improved in the last year I think they can still do better and I have told them as much.

ashandger

Quote from: davidthescot on December 11, 2016, 02:15:02 AM
Well it turned up last night and I am SO pleased with it.  Everything worked flawlessly first go.  Wifi through my iPad menus the lot.

I liked the 50 but this, I think is a whole new ball game.

Here is a little test I did of the 100's ISO capabilities.  Full frame photo of our barn door and a crop of the rusty bolt at 100 and 1600.  The lens was the 100mm at 5.6.  Mirror up on a tripod.

Wonderful, many thanks for sharing. May I ask how you have processed these files?