Firmware update on H6-50C has SYSTEM ERROR - PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!!!!

Previous topic - Next topic

mattseed

Hi guys i have just tried to update my H6 50C's firmware using the method explained and when it finished the camera came up with a System Error screen and will not work now.

Why did i do this the night before a big shoot i have no idea, I am now in BIG PANIC MODE !!!!

Anybody got any advice please ?

Matthew

jerome_m

I am afraid that there is little you can do if the camera won't boot up without an error.

You can try to see whether the camera alone (no lens, no card, no viewfinder) will start when connected to Phocus. You can also try to connect the back alone, but I am not sure that the H6 backs can be powered by the USB cable. If that works, try to upload the previous firmware version.

mattseed

Thanks Jerome. Yeah ive just tried every thing i can. When it boots up it looks fine for about 10 seconds then on the back an error message that says to take off the battery and re attach and if that does'nt work send it off to service.

Thats my big shoot tomorrow messed up.

Matt

DJPixelMan

Worst thing is that as far as I can see, only the Spirit Level was added back in the latest update, nothing else significant.

bdp

Raw video is pretty huge update in 1.12.0, but I haven't had a chance to test it. Whenever I tried to export a video file out of Phocus as Cinema DNG, Phocus crashes.

Ben

mattseed

Hi guys. I have sorted it.

[Moderator writes]

Hi guys sorry but I've deleted Matt's post, I know he wrote it in good faith but Hasselblad have said that there is a very real possibility that this procedure can turn your back into a brick so they would rather it was not out in the wild. Hope you all understand.

[End moderator]

Hassilistic

Thanks for sharing Matt,  quick clarification though... Will it Revert back to Factory Settings, or will it Not?

Buddy

firmware update 1.12.1 is out for H6D-50c and 100c with just a bug fix item for the video. I did the firmware update yesterday first time. It takes some unusual longer time to finish. I was used to complete this on Nikon's etc within a few seconds and thus I was a little bit scared....But maybe after 3-5 minutes it worked out. So, when updating take the time and never interrupt the process...

DJPixelMan

Well, I have just upgraded to 1.12.1. Now the camera is not working. The back display comes on and says that there is no card in the camera. An error message then comes up with an exclamation saying 1000. System error! Please remove and reinsert battery. I have  x5 now. Still not working. HELP!!

DJPixelMan

Wheeewww...fixed. A call to Nicky at Hasselblad in Elstree...sorted.

bdp

DJPixelMan

bdp

DJPixelMan

I didn't see it, but it is probably the same fix. Worked for me, but they did say that if it doesn't work, your camera could get damaged and then need returning to Hasselblad.
Interestingly, the reset rolled mine back to 1.12.0, ie, the previous version that I had installed.