H6D-100C/Phocus kills USB ports on my PC one after the other

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterDorr

When I start tethered shooting all goes well in the beginning.
But after 10-20 shots the camera automatically disconnects itself and there is no way I can get it to work on the same USB 3.0 port without a PC reboot.
I restarted Phoces, I restarted the Camera, I did both, I took out the cables, etc etc. all without luck

Strangely enough, if I pull out the USB cable that goes into my computer and puts it in a different 3.0 slot, the camera is recognised again.
Only for 10-20 shots though and I have to put the cable to the next USB slot. and so on and so on.

Any thoughts/ideas where to look for a fix?
For a starter, is this a Hassy problem, a Phocus problem or a windows 10 problem?
I have the latest drivers etc installed.

Any help would be very much appreciated as you can imagine   8)

davidthescot

Hi

I have had a similar problem on my Mac - although not permanent - when I use the extension USB lead supplied with the camera.  The tethered connection stops working and/or the camera stops working and/or the tethered connection fails.  No problems using the direct USB lead without the extension.  Don't know if this helps but it may be a function of the firmware in the camera not properly implementing the USB connection - may be trying to draw power?  Just some thoughts.

Buddy

no problem here with same cam on MBP, shot hundreds of tethered files directly on the Mac without interruptions. But my Mac is still on El Capitan (OSX 10.11.6). Both with cable extension (blue light) and without, no difference.